Eneos = Japanese Amsoil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would they spend the money when they don't have to?

If the product is good, it will sell. If a product is advertised well, it will sell as well!

Because they would sell much more of it. It would no longer be considered the oil that the guy down the street sells out of his garage. Not saying thats a bad thing, but it would become "mainstream". Besides, if its not API, most people wont use it while under warranty. I know Amsoil has a guarantee, but why bother with the possible hassles. Again, think of the POV of the average consumer, not the BITOG consumer.

I think that is why Amsoil does have the XL line API listed/certified/approved/bogged down with.....

As for the way we sell oil.....well now look at the bevy of little guys battling for shelf space. Hard to say if Amsoil would have the large growth with old fashioned WallyMart guys as sales reps.

Quote:

The best thing that Amsoil could do is

...to keep doing what they are doing, making quality #1 and oils that outperform the competition. I've been impressed with what they have done over the last 2 years or so. Also check out their corp. sponsor racing page. It's new.

As far as marketing, Amsoil HQ does an excellent job of it. They have very good PDS with more info than all the others except Schaeffer's. Mobil's marketing has become really bad and the others have always been. Torture tests, minivan oil etc....

On BITOG the UOA's speak for themselves and it's clear Amsoil is making great oil.

If Amsoil did market their oil off the shelf there would be mark ups which will result in less savings for the consumer. I also believe if Amsoil did market their oil at Walmart, they would need to advertise as many folks aren't aware of Amsoil or the quality of synthetic oil.

Amsoil is still a small company comparing to Mobil, Pennzoil and Castrol. Amsoil is very similar to Chevron's Delo400. Their bulk of their sales are in 55 Gl drums for commercial usage and fleets. Selling quarts at Walmart is too slow and you also need to advertise...not worth it for Chevron. Chevron offers the Delo400 to the consumer as in Walmart as free advertisement, having the consumer being aware of their oil. Their bulk are sold at Distribution Centers.

Amsoil also sells 55 Gl drums . So their sales are diversed and not one dimensional as quarts at Walmart. Amsoil sells quality products, it's the only way they could have lasted for so many years.

I use nothing but Amsoil, never had any complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back