ENEOS Oils? Anyone used them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently as of today purchased ENEOS Synthetic 5w30. I purchased it from [link removed]. I don't know if it will be good or not, but I was surfing for oil and had to scratch the itch of purchasing new oil when I found it, I don't know why, but I know I am not alone. Anyway, anyone use it, or know much about it? It will go in my Nissan in the near future.
dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Please do not post links to sites that sell products that are not site sponsors.

That's really expensive for a G3+ oil. Eneos uses G3 base stock blends in their economy line oils, like the 5W-30. The performance line, like the 0W-50, is supposedly a PAO base stock with some Ester thrown in as a seal swell additive. I haven't seen a UOA on any of them, but a TT 350Z is using the 0W-50 now and will get a UOA done on it when he hits 3k miles or so. I'm sure it's good oil, but at twice the price of PP, I doubt you'll get twice the performance.
Will

Quote:

That's really expensive for a G3+ oil. Eneos uses G3 base stock blends in their economy line oils, like the 5W-30. The performance line, like the 0W-50, is supposedly a PAO base stock with some Ester thrown in as a seal swell additive. I haven't seen a UOA on any of them, but a TT 350Z is using the 0W-50 now and will get a UOA done on it when he hits 3k miles or so. I'm sure it's good oil, but at twice the price of PP, I doubt you'll get twice the performance.
Will

dunno.gif
Ah, it was somewhat of an impulse buy. I have heard a few things on here about it, but nothing good or bad. I have never seen an UOA. So, I figured I would purchase it as more of a discussion point on BITOG because it is something new to discuss (ENEOS 5w30, I know the 0w50 and 0w20 have been). I am addicted, and love this website and everyone's input on things, so I bought it. I will put it in the car soon, and probably get an UOA done on it. I still have the second ARX cleanse and rinse phase to go. I will be dumping the first rinse phase tomorrow.
cheers.gif

I used an OCI of the 0w50 FWIW. I had a VOA done after I'd already put it in, check the VOA section. It is SM rated and is a little short on add pack. I wasn't impressed with performance in my Land Rover V8. I still have 5 quarts left, I think I'll use it in the lawn mower. Hope you have better results with the 5w30.

These guys have been jerking ( RabHonda = MrHondaF1 on our boards ) us around on our local Subaru forum, to the extent that Eneos employees sent threatening pms to our members that asked questions or requested test results / 3rd party info.
They will not be allowed on our forums long. Apparently, Eneos does not want to sell any oil, or have good public relations.

I've used both the 5w20 and the 0w20 in my Honda. Call my crazy, but yes, I spent $69 per 6 quarts shipped each time. I went to the 0w20 after chatting with Tim from Eneos here on the forum, finding out that the 0w20 was the better basestock item.

After checking out the 0w50 VOA, however, I quit using it, as I wasn't impressed with the additive package either. I do realize that basestock is very important, but some icing would be nice as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back