3-1-1136LOilSludge1.jpg

SD536073.jpg

engsludge019.jpg

PICT0089.jpg

engsludge021.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

g20_sludge2.jpg

100_3817.jpg

I've seen a couple of 98-02' 2.7L V6 Chryslers with the valve cover off that looked like someone put chunky brownie batter with nuts into the oil fill.

Gaahh... Reminds me of all the engines I saw in High School and College that an oil change was a "treat" for their car.

A used Dodge Neon that went 30,000 miles on a Dino oil change was the wildest. That woman came in to find out why her car made weird noises.

Makes me very careful shopping for a used car. Although it is tough to be careful anywhere these days. Stealerships will sell you a lemon 9 times out of 10 and won't realize or won't care about it.

i had a nissan that the previous owner went 30k with out an oil change. he didnt know anything was wrong until the engine started rattling because it was out of oil.
i ran delo in it after i bought it and it made it to 200k. still running when i recycled it but it was falling apart

I know a guy that's never changed his oil before. Last I knew he was more than 45K miles on a Grand Am.

Originally Posted By: river_rat
I know a guy that's never changed his oil before. Last I knew he was more than 45K miles on a Grand Am.

Hope it wasn't a 3.4...

Tell him if he ever decides to change it, run a UOA (assuming there's any oil left to test!). I'll pay for the UOA!

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
All Pennzoil users, obviously!

More likely the brand was "no-oil-at-all"...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: ottotheclown
Forgot this additional advantage of extended oci you get to take pictures too!!!!

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: glum

Tell him if he ever decides to change it, run a UOA (assuming there's any oil left to test!). I'll pay for the UOA!

That would be sweet.
Unfortunately, he doesn't work where my wife does anymore so I lost contact with him.
He must be feeling rich enough to use up a car like that.

Might have been an early Quad4. Some of them went through head gaskets faster than oil changes.

No offense to the quad4 crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back