Photoshoot with my Canon Powershot ELPH 360HS pocket camera

I got a lot of comments on my other thread about how limited these cameras are in taking good pictures. Here is my latest webpage I created with over 200 photos. Tell me how much better, if at all, the pictures would be using a phone as was suggested before.

Dutch angles are so 2003... like your car. :ROFLMAO:

Honestly well lit photos with reliable sunshine can be handled by any point and shoot digital camera or phone. It's when lighting gets weird that you need the processing effects.

So having chosen acceptable lighting and composition, you have an eye for photography, and success within the parameters you set for yourself.

I should add that part of photography is editing. Back when film was an expense, shutterbugs though their shots through slightly more carefully than the results of that webpage. Tell a story, but get to the end.

Was the situation exactly the same for the previous interior shots and these? Same place, same bright sunlight, car facing same direction, same time of day? These interior shots are using the flash, did you force it to fire? Combining lots of natural light with flash to fill in the dark places is a great technique.

I got a lot of comments on my other thread about how limited these cameras are in taking good pictures. Here is my latest webpage I created with over 200 photos. Tell me how much better, if at all, the pictures would be using a phone as was suggested before.

The photos in the advertisement are a-ok for what you intended, an advertisement. The colors published are not crisp and do not look all that good, overall. Especially the photos including landscape and architecture. Difficult to tell if a P&S camera or cell phone was used for these images. On these images you can also see the weakness of the lens in the corners and the blown-out sky doesn't help.

For the intended job this camera gets it done but no competition here for any of the ML or DSLR serious amateur or pro bodies on the market.

Your camera took very good interior pics. Forget about the floor mat shot in the other thread.
However, I do not like the exterior pics. The colors are Gross with a capitol G.

I take the same interior shots both with and without flash, then use whichever one looks best. Usually half a dozen shots per photo.

It's likely your P&S has fill flash capabilities. Have you tried it? It usually works pretty well, even with a small flash unit. If not, try bracketing a series and I bet you'll find 1 image superior to the others taken.

You're trying to sell a car, not print poster-sized prints or a coffee-table book. How many of your potential customers are going to be looking at the pictures on their phones anyway? You could probably use whichever camera you want.

Or like I said in the other thread: There is a learning curve to good flash and studio lighting. The folks here have made a lot of good tips. Read up on it and watch some videos and I am sure you'll pick it up.

You didn't answer whether the conditions were identical when you got the shots you didn't like.
They may be taken a few seconds apart and from a slightly different angle but conditions were identical.

You're trying to sell a car, not print poster-sized prints or a coffee-table book. How many of your potential customers are going to be looking at the pictures on their phones anyway? You could probably use whichever camera you want.
Exactly.

You took 39 shots of floor mats and 2 didn't turn out and it's a problem? That's normal product photography. You don't know why because auto point n shoot camera. BITD I did know why because pro setup and manual settings and flash meter etc. Delete the off ones and move on you're never going to know.

Nice pics. Next time try looking at what's behind your subject. Try keeping lamp posts, trees, bushes, etc from poking out the hood, fenders and roof. Use those features to "frame" your subject. Composition (framing) can be forgotten and/or difficult when you're just looking at the subject.

Don't worry, I still make these mistakes!

Back