AC Delco PF47 Non-ecore cut open comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was taken off of a 2001 Daewoo Leganza and had between 2,000-2,500 miles on it at the time. I only ran this filter for a few thousand miles because I put it on half-way through the OCI. I thought the previous Beck/Arnley may have been defective but it turned out to be a different issue with the car.

p3310826.jpg

p3310825.jpg

p3310824.jpg

For comparison sake, here is a Champ Labs E-Core from the same car. It had between 3,000-3,500 miles on it. This filter was cut open a year ago and I posted the pics of it before, but I thought it would fit in nicely as a comparison between new/old Champ Labs designs. The media looks a little dry now because it sat in the garage for so long:

p3310827.jpg

My 2 cents: They're both good filters and I have no hesitations in using either.

Edit: Here are some better pics of the e-core for this app that I posted a while ago:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1555471

Originally Posted By: JT1
An ecore without holes in it?

Thats un-possible!

lol.gif
I've cut open a number of them, and never once did I see a defect in them. I have another ST3506 e-core in the garage waiting to be cut open but I ran out of Dremel wheels. The last ST3506 e-core I cut open looked excellent. I took apart the media and examined it, found no holes at all. Endcaps were glued securely and required a reasonable amount of effort to take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back