Lucas UCL Shock Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought a 2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES V6 with 70k miles on it and seeing as how I don't know the maintenance history, I'd like to promptly clean up these fuel injectors. How much Lucas UCL would you recommend for a shock treatment? The idle/acceleration is smooth as silk so it seems like I don't have a big mess to clean up...

I'm a huge UCL fan these days, but I don't recommend that product for what your asking for. It is more of a lubricant than a cleaner. Still use it in every tank, but for cleaning run a bottle of straight techron or some other high solvent cleaner. Techron has a flashpoint of around 100F and UCL over 400F. I wouldn't overdue the UCL, stick to 5 ounces or maybe 10 in an avergae tank if you want to be a wild man:) Run some Autorx through the crank case too, even more important than treating the gas tank.

Hey Shelby, thanks the advice (in both threads of course.) So basically this is what we have here:
Auto-Rx in the engine
Techron in the fuel
RMI-25 in the coolant
And all should be well! Hope I didn't leave anything out. Oh I forgot to mention: The dealer put new brakes, tires, belts, hoses and flushed all fluid before delivery of the car..so I'm looking good on maintenance for awhile!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back