MY toes are tapping for Wal-Mart Clearance deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, IM in need of a set of new tires for my , 89Toyota pickup, and I drive inot WAl-Mart and they have some tires out front on Clearance. I spot a set of four 195/70/14's that fit my aftermarket 14X6 steel rims, and they are regulare 87.00 each. The tire is the Goodyear Assurance Tripe-Tread with 80,000 mile warranty . Its a directional tire, which I'm not wild about , but what the hay-it only means it may cost more money down the raod should one of them become ruineds, it would need to be replaced with another directional tire. But anyhows, I ask the manager whats the best he could do if I take all four and he says 55.00 each, and I say "lets do it"! Mounting was free, but its a new policy that they must replace the valve stem, and they also charge you 5 bucks a tire or something to ballance. They forgot to charge me for disposal of my old tires, so the total was 265.00 somehting mounted and balanced..PLUS>.GEYT THIS!! , I get home and look on the internet and theere is a 40.00 free VISA giftcard premium offreed with the purchase of four of these tirews, so I print the rebate form and send it off the following day. Total cost of four Goodyear Assurance triple tread tires mounted and balanced-225.00. I'm a happy guy!-Oyea, free raodside assist for a year or something like that-had to coonatact Goodyear foir the paperwork and they got kind of mad at me, but sent it sanyway! hahah- I dont really need it-IM already covered though my Insurance, but , liike I say..what the hay!
smile.gif

Those are supposedly really excellent tires and you practically stole them. That's really great!

Sometimes you can run across a great deal at WM..I was on a vacation trip and went into a WM to get a couple of things. Walked by the oil and low and behold...Maxlife 5 qt boxes for 7.50/ box......had to come back for the wife.....

"I get home and look on the internet and theere is a 40.00 free VISA giftcard premium offreed with the purchase of four of these tirews, so I print the rebate form and send it off the following day."

I think the offer says in the fine print that you have to use your "Goodyear Visa Charge Card" to qualify for the $40 rebate--if that isn't the case let us know because I just bought a set of four Assurance Comfortred two weeks ago.

I've owned a set of those Goodyear's and driven two other cars with them; I maintain, the WORST tire ever produced. You couldn't pay me $225 to put a set on my car again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back