Never Had A Problem Using Amoco Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.
until I quit using it for the last two years. Then a week ago my car started bucking when I started it up. Found I needed a fuel system cleaning which did solve the problem. I NEVER needed this before, and I do stress..NEVER...while using Amoco Ultimate for the past 15 years. Then I started using regular 87 oct from any gas station I was close too. Is this just a coincidence?

Amoco Ultimate has changed for the better over the years.
So, the stuff that you liked was inferior to the new stuff. 15+2=17 years, and everything is different, including alcohol in the fuel.
Just pure luck about your present situation.

No, my vehicles do not call for premium, only 87, but they don't say "DO NOT use 93"
And i know that Amoco Ultimate is a cleaner fuel and will burn better in any vehicle.

Greggy D,
Whaterver dude, it's about as much of a waste as those who prefer synthetic or dino and change on short OCI. Using 93 oct costs me 50.00 more per year on each car. For me, that's not much and its cheap insurance spent to have a cleaner engine using Amoco Ultiamte or Shell V Power

Growing up Dad always used Amoco Ultimate Premium, I too used it because of the propensity for my 88 Ranger to knock on 87... Now are Amoco's are gone and replaced by BP's...
Shell V-POWER is superb gasoline...problem is where I live now Cenex, Sinclair, and BMG are the only gas available and are lackluster at best...

Even at +.20c a gallon extra, super would cost me $200 a year....$1000 after 5 years that could go for a nice repair job instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back