sidewall does not match website

Status
Not open for further replies.
A friend of mine purchased a set of brand name tires. Out of curiosity, I went to the manufacturers website to scope them out. When I finally got to see my friends tires, I noticed the sidewall markings for tread said 2 ply polyester, 2 steel. However, the manufacturer states that this tire also has a nylon ply which was not listed on the sidewall. The speed rating was H. I didn't see an asterick that said tire construction varies by size. I didn't say anything to my friend as he has no idea what it means, but if it were me, I'd demand a good explanation from the manufacturer.

Joe1,

First be sure you have the details right - especially speed rating. It is not unusual for a tire with a given name to have different speed ratings even in the same size. Speed rating would definately affect the construction.

Second, you should realize that the tires being manufactured NOW might be different than the tires manufacturered EARLIER, and what is being displayed on the web site is probably current.

Third, construction does vary by size. I find it unusual for the manufacturers web site to list the construction for just this reason.

And lastly, be sure you have the name correct. It is also not unusual for a tire manufacturer to attach lettrs and numbers to the name and create a whole different tire line. For example a Goodstone Eagle AS2 would be different than a Goodstone Eagle ASR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back