I like changing oil early

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vehicle gets very few miles, Its a 4.7L Tundra, I like changing oil.

I know this sounds crazy, but I like wrenching on cars, probably because its not my everyday job, or I probably would get my fill of it, and I would feel different about it.

Even though I'm using GC and have a two year oil stash, I fight the urge to change it, I have 4 months and 3k on my last fill which is GC green.

So what oil would be good to run 3k 5 month oci that wont leave deposits, I used Pennzoil conventional 5w-30 for over 5 years and 30k for warranty purposes I was doing 5 to 6 months oci's, I noticed the yellow varnish even with those numbers.

DSC01822.jpg

I switched to synthetic at around 30k, After running first M1 truck and SUV 5w-30 then GC which is still in there, it is cleaning up very nicely.

Sooner or later I will run out of GC, or I mite decide to go back to conventional, or mix some conventional oil with molly with the GC, what conventional oil can mix with GC and not screw up by leaving deposits, I want a good clean oil, to do 3k 6 month oci's maybe even thin the GC slightly with a 5w-20 dino oil (I know they say 5w-20 is partially synthetic) anything but the yellow deposits of pennzoil, I know slight varnish has no effect but I know its there
frown.gif
and it makes me cringe when just knowing that my motor is turning yellow.

At the least it would extend the GC stash, and provide me with oil change opportunities
grin.gif
and please don't say get a part time at pep boys
crackmeup.gif

Any thoughts welcomed, thanks

View the UOA forum on this site. Impossible to tell what's really going on without one. That's what I'd use if I were spending that much and changing oil that often.

Hey buddy the AZ in Scottsbluff NE has so much GC give em a call I am sure you can get it if you want I saw at least 10 six packs last week... if you really want it and they won't send it pm me...

gold varnish is NOTHING to worry about. when it turns black and thick as tar and you have to scrape it off the filler cap, then you can worry.
but gold varnish, man you are lucky to have an engine that clean.

Just don't go mixing GC with conventional oil...run it until you have no more. Mix conventional with conventional, but, leave GC alone. Just my 2 cents.

I'm going on 8k w/GC in my Acura. Just about ready to dump it. Sadly, probally the last time I'll use it in this car.

Quote:

I'm going on 8k w/GC in my Acura. Just about ready to dump it. Sadly, probally the last time I'll use it in this car.

A good replacement would be Lubromoly or Pentosin oils.
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back