Briteside (Amsoil) Miracle wash?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering if anyone has used this product and what they thought of it?
I just got some of their hand cleaner and it works great, FYI.

I'd use it like any quick detailer...Okay for in-between touchups, but nothing I'd want to tackle anything but minor dust or waterspots. Any gritty dirt needs to be rinsed off beforehand.

There will never be a "waterless" carwash that works as good as a pressure washer or even a good ol' garden hose and a bucket of soapy water.

I keep a quart of the liquid Miracle Wash in my motorcycle. Great for cleaning/waxing the windscreen, faceshield, plastic, paint, wheels, and chrome. I use it to remove bug splats and to touch up between water washes.

A lot of my riding buddies like the aerosol version better. A little smaller, lighter weight and they like spraying it on the surface and wiping off. I prefer to put a little of the liquid Miracle Wash on a cloth to avoid overspray, plus it lasts longer and less expensive per use.

So I bought an aerosol can of this to try out. I works great on chrome! And my chrome is not well cared for. It also does a very good job on bugs and black streaks. Came right off. Tried it on my brake dust covered chrome wheels and it did ok on the light stuff, but on the heavy areas it didn't do much.

I tried it on my hood with a least 3 layers of dust on it and it actually did Ok, but not as well as a bucket and wash soap. On a cleaner car, it might be better. And definitely does leave some sort of film behind. I can see why Tim keeps some on his bike, it would be ideal for that use.

I will definitely keep a can of this around for the chrome and other things though. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back