Auto-Rx and transmissions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Frank or any others,

I just bought a '96 Taurus with 116k and want to auto-rx the transmission. Right now the transmission shifts okay but would like to clean it out. I would like to know the amount of auto-rx to use and procedures for the transmission. Thanks for your help.
ooo.gif

My daily driver is a Dodge Dakota R/T with a 383 Stroker in it. Stock auto trannie gets beat up pretty good. Started slipping just a little under hard acceleration or chugging up a hill....I poured 6 oz's Auto RX in it, drove it 1100 miles and had the trannie flushed with one of those "machines"....replaced ATF with Valvoline Synthetic ATF4. No slipping at all now. None. Zilch. Goose-Egg.

Frank another serious question on the transmission front. I have a 93 F150 4x4 that I drive rarely at best, only when needed really. I want to auto-rx the transmission but it rarely ever gets very warmed up. Should I run the same 1k-1.5k or stretch it out since my truck never really gets very hot? How important is heating up the oil going to be in my case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back