NASCAR oil filters from NAPA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just saw that Napa offers NASCAR oil filters. Does anyone know who makes them? and are they good? They aren't too expensive, $4.50 for my camry. I use Fram TG. Is Napa's NASCAR filter better?
driving.gif

I believe that Wix still makes Napas filters. I have used them in the past, and have no problem with using them again.

I just saw an ad from Napa and there is a small WIX logo on the bottom. You were right. I'm going to try one. Thanks
thumbsup.gif

Sept. last year I did s filter study for FL-820S class. Here are my finding on NASCAR (Wix is stamped on the box):

WIX 51372, Napa Gold 1372, and Carquest 85372
($3 by case www.fleetfilter.com , Napa ~$6, Carquest $7)
www.wixfilters.com

WIX (Dana) is well regarded filter company. I looked at the Napa Gold version and the bypass valve is in the dome, the ADBV is red Silicon. WIX website generally claims bypass is in the base but when I checked it was also in the dome. Flow is rated at 11-13gpm, 19 micron nominal, and bypass valve set for 12-15 psi. Right now WIX website says they are using “paper” on the 51372 but I would watch them for improved filtration material.

WIX also has general information on “Glass enhanced” media good down to 10-20um and is specified in some other oil filter applications. They call it “depth” vs. “paper” media. On a Napa web site I found “T-03 Glass Enhanced Media” for the Gold 1372 (FIL1372) and NASCAR version (NFI91372, $3.70) uses “T-52 Synthetic/Cellulose Media” with black ADBV and dome bypass. So who knows ? I’ve emailed Wix twice on this to clarify but no response.

TWO COMMENTS:
1) I did by one of the NASCAR filters despite more than $2.35 for the FL-820S. It looked like the next best value.
2) Things change constantly so old filter studies need to be re-validated. Look at what you are buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back