What P/S fluid for 2004 Lexus RX330?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know? Does it use T-IV?
dunno.gif

I am going to use Castrol synthetic atf Dex 111 in my Kluger/Highlander which is mechanically identical to the RX330. After 2 years and 30k miles the p/s fluid is dirty. I am going to use the turkey baster method, 3 or four times should do it and then do the same every year or two. Have also drained & refilled atf with Type 1V, and used Redline in tfr box and diff, engine oil used is Mobil 1 10W-30
Roger

Yes you are right after wiping off the crud encrusted cap it says Dexron on the top...

I have been using Amsoil ATF in my wife's 04 ES330 and my 03 Tacoma power steering. I have done 6 drain and fills in the past 2 months with the suction gun. Amsoil looks nice and bright red, the original fluid was clear on both.

From the AMSOIL site in the "online product application guide"

Fluids
Power Steering Fluid.....AF3
Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid
Torque-Drive™ Synthetic Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATD)

I'd pick the ATF as you can use it in your automatic transmission.

I've used the Mobil 1 ATF in my truck's power steering for 30k miles without problems. Amsoil should work well also.

I have a few quarts of DEXIII left over from my boat OCI and a quart of mobil1 atf...so this looks like a good place to use it all. I'll just keep swapping until it comes back clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back