10W-40
Honda Civic Vti manual 1997
Initial Fill 7/8/2006 130,247
Sample taken 1/13/2007 135,128
Oil Age (kM) 4,881
Drop-In K&N Air Filter
Honda Oil Filter (Toyo Roki)
City Driving around Manila, Philippines
15 kms per trip (~30 kM a day), ave. 28 deg C at start-up.

Changed oil filter and added 700 ml. to compensate for the oil sample and filter.

Wear Elements (ppm)
Copper (Cu) 19
Lead (Pb) 1
Iron (Fe) 31
Chromium(Cr) 0
Aluminum(Al) 4
Silicon (Si) 12
Sodium (Na) 92

Oil Condition/Contaminants

Water (H2O) 0.01
Fuel POS
Sulfation 15
Soot 32
Oxidation 6
Nitration 14
TBN 6.35
Viscosity (40C) 78.6
Glycol NEG
Flashpoint >220

Lab results says that fuel dilution is evident but the guy at Cat Lab just say about 4%. No viscosity data at 100C.

I am wondering why the flash point is still that decent for a fuel diluted oil but the viscosity dropped.

I can't get the specs of the virgin oil even in the net.

The Lab guy says that I can still use the oil.

What can you say about my oil?

Thanks in advance.

I think your wear is not bad with your fuel dilution problem. You need to address the fuel dilution. I would start by treating your fuel with marvel mystery oil. Follow that up with Techron treatments. Probably 3 will be required. Then new spark plugs,cap and rotor and maybe wires if they are worn. Then another UOA to see where it all stands. At your milage all this should be done unless it has all been done recently.

Thanks TR3...

By the way, the oil label says it's 100% synthetic.

I'll try to do what you suggested and find the stuff you said. But right here in our place, they may not be available and very hard to find.

For sure I'll try using fuel injector cleaner cause it may be one of the causes of the fuel dilution. If of my next UOA shows no improvement, I'll try using 5W-50 or 10W-50 on my next drain.

Performance wise, my car still runs good and does a respectable fuel economy - 40 mpg in my route.

Good day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back