Status
Not open for further replies.
1993 Chevy 6.5L turbo diesel
engine is a 2000 model, factory GM replacement
mechanical pump
Oil was in Jan 06 to Nov 06
SDF32 oil filter, not sure on air filter
9,138 miles on oil
64,059 total miles on 2000 model engine.
2.5qts makeup oil
Mix of city and highway driving
BlackStone Labs report
universal averages in ( )
Aluminum......2 (2)
Chromium......1 (2)
Iron............34 (45)
Copper........3 (2)
Lead............11 (10)
Tin..............0 (1)
Molybdenum....3 (21)
Nickel...........0 (1)
Manganese.....0 (0)
Silver............0 (0)
Titanium........0 (0)
Potassium.......0 (0)
Boron...........1 (71)
Silicon.........26 (11)
Sodium..........3 (7)
Calcium.........4082 (3374)
Magnesium.......13 (98)
Phosphorus.....1128 (1112)
Zinc............1385 (1326)
Barium...........0 (1)
Viscosity (cSt) 78.5 (normal SAE 40w)
Flash Point F >410... 470
Fuel% Coolant% 0
Water% 0
Insolubles% TBN 7.0

This is a friend that is in the Air Force with me and is from Ohio. He has made various trips back to Ohio with the truck over the past year. Then local driving to and from work, some stop and go with a few country road miles. Eastern North Carolina climate. I have posted a few reports and read up on here some and from what I can tell this isn't a bad report. The truck had a new factory GM 6.5L installed in 2000 and is a mechanical set up. It runs strong. No problems with the engine that he has told me since it was installed other than an oil leak way before he installed the AME, warranty fixed that. Comments welcome.
patriot.gif

Truly Amazing Report. 15K is acheivable, BUT....you have fuel dilution that is excessive. Try not to idle the truck for over 2 minutes and that would be to stabilize the engine and cool the turbo down. If your fuel dilution is bad on the next report with cutting down on excessive idle...you might need to look further into this issue.

I agree, fuel dilution is a little high. Even being a mechanical engine, fuel dilution should be around 1.0, less is better. I would use the pyrometer to cool the engine, idle the engine until 300*F or less pre-turbine is observed. Don't idle the truck to warm it up. Use an engine heater if possible, and just drive gently until up to op temp. 15k seems like a reasonable number to shoot for if the fuel dilution can be reduced.

Where are you seeing excessive fuel dilution? It's listed as .5 and should be less than 2. TBN is strong, flashpoint still high, viscosity good... What am I missing?

Sorry for the confusion but fuel was at 0.5 which is < 2.0. I wrote it as what it should be <> and then what it was. Like the Flashpoint was 470 which is greater than 410. Sorry for the confusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back