Going drag racing today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patman, For what your doing and the itch you have for a better ET, for the money a Blue bottle would satisfy your needs IMO With a super mild 100 shot, you may run 11's! Your short block is good for that....... easy. Been there done that...
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by quick_16:
Patman, For what your doing and the itch you have for a better ET, for the money a Blue bottle would satisfy your needs IMO With a super mild 100 shot, you may run 11's! Your short block is good for that....... easy. Been there done that...
grin.gif

Nitrous is too expensive up here though, to fill the bottle is around $100 I believe, so it's not a cost effective way to fill my need for speed. I like my car to have the same power on the track that is available to me all the time, so nitrous just isn't my thing. I'm a forced induction fan, so if I was going to keep this car, I'd most likely put a blower on it. A nice Powerdyne 6psi kit would give me close to 100hp and the power would be there all the time.

But I won't have this car much longer than 2 more years. Corvette fever is taking over big time now, I'm now trying to figure out a way for me to get one sooner than my original plan of summer 2006.

Too bad about the NOS. Down here it is about $3/lb. I installed a Paxton on my 1990 Stang and that cost around $3k. Is the blower your looking at less $. That's kind of sad about the cost delta USA to Canada on NOS. I know it's not medical grade but Americans love to buy the less expensive life giving drugs from Canada yet you pay over 300% more for NOS gas...
shocked.gif

I put a Paxton on my 87 Mustang and it cost me only $3500 Canadian, installed! This was in 1994 though. That car ran 14.29 at 98 before the blower, and instantly went 13.36 at 106 after the blower, still on street rubber. Then I took out 300lbs of weight, put on some slicks, and did a few tweaks (such as bumping up the timing and running race fuel) and got it down to 12.16 at 112mph (1.59 60ft), all that with a 100% bone stock motor! Imagine how quick it would've gone with a good set of heads and a blower cam!

A basic Powerdyne kit for the f-body is around $3000 US I believe.

quote:

Do you carry a set of slicks with you when you go to the track?

There is no need with my current car, as slicks would just slow me down. It's only pushing 265rwhp. I've got Goodyear F1 GS D3s, and can launch at full throttle with no spin on most runs. Best 60ft is 1.94. I ran a set of much softer Toyo RA-1s the first year I had the car and they were so soft I was bogging on most of the runs, and my 60fts were no better than 2.00.

quote:

Back from a rained out quick-16 can you say, dam it!

Nothing sucks worse than a rain out! (other than getting there on a perfectly nice day and having the timing system down, like I had happen at the beginning of this thread!)

One time I drove 4+ hours one way to go to a b-body event in IL, it had rained the day before but had cleared over night and was warm and windy so a closure never crossed my mind or that of some others I was supposed to meet. Well a handful of us get there to find it closed, the gates were open so a couple guys decided to run
pat.gif
without clocks or lights. Well at about the 1/8th
burnout.gif
was a low spot with water. Then we knew why it was closed. Got to meet a few people so I did not drive 9 hours in one day for nothing but it was close to nothing.

I went again friday night track was good for a change, several 2.0XX 60s on street tires at full pressure
grin.gif
. Was to warm and humid for good times though. Why is it that a good track and weather so rarely happen together?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back