Tried NuFinish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read about it here recently and saw the ads for years. I decided to give it a try and I like the results. Goes on easy, buffs off easy. The car looks very shiny and the finish is very smooth and slippery. We will see how it holds up to rain and intense Florida sun. So far I like what I see. I can't imagine it or anything else can last a whole year. Very inexpensive stuff, I like that too.

I washed the car first and rubbed it in pretty good instead of just gently massaging it on. I liked that it took off some extra grime or oxidation. I know I should have used clay first, but I just haven't gotten around to getting any yet. I can hardly wait to get some clay and try it before a wax with one of my cars.

For durrability Nu Finish is one of the very best. It shines pretty good to. Here is my Camaro with a fresh coat of Nu Finish:
 -

-

My Impala sat outside for 9 months durring the Colorado summer and winter and in spring the Nu Finish still beaded water like it was just applied! The stuff really does last!

Used it again on two of our cars saturday and I'm pleased with the results. One car was dirty and grimy. It got a good wash, clay and then the NuFinish. The difference was night and day. It shines chrome trim up nice too.

I agree. I have a friend who likes to use it as a base and then applies mothers carnuba every two months for an extra layer of protection and a mirror-like shine. That's too much work for me. I apply Nufinish twice a year. I have been happy with the results for many, many years.

No doubt about it. I've used NuFinish for- it's gotta be 15-20yrs now. I've tried lots of others, but always go back to it. You cant beat it for the 1-3x a year job.

Joel

Quote:

For durrability Nu Finish is one of the very best. It shines pretty good to. Here is my Camaro with a fresh coat of Nu Finish:
 -

That's a very nice shade of RED on that Camaro!

You might really enjoy discovering the world of hobby detailing if you like taking care of your car.

Quote:

Quote:

-

That's a very nice shade of RED on that Camaro!

You might really enjoy discovering the world of hobby detailing if you like taking care of your car.

Thanks! What do you suggest I look into? Thanks again!

For me personally detailing my car is an important shore. I would never call it a hobby. SO Nufinish 2x (maybe 3x) a year fits the bill. The sun is strong here and can cook paint finish so the UV protection is a bonus
wink.gif

For extra protection you may wanna' try some 303 Aerospace Protectant atop the sealant.

Works great atop my Liquid Glass. Only takes an itty bitty amount of the stuff.

But, just because 303 works for me thine results may be different so experiment with care, perhaps doing a small out-of-the-way spot to ascertain that there are no negative results for thine particular application.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back