Freedom munitions files chapter 11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been a while since I've bought ammo from Freedom but when I went to order, a search revealed they had filed for a chapter 11 bankruptcy in June. My only complaint with them has been their slow shipping but not really a big deal. I never had a problem with their ammo and they have good pricing, but I'm wondering if anyone has ordered from them recently. Their website is still up, but I'm a little "gun shy" about ordering from them since reading this.

What is driving you to want to buy from them again? Great deals can be had on non-reman ammo right now.

Chapter 11 doesn't necessarily mean they are going away - it just means they are in a position where they are trying to get out from going into further debt.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
What is driving you to want to buy from them again? Great deals can be had on non-reman ammo right now.

Chapter 11 doesn't necessarily mean they are going away - it just means they are in a position where they are trying to get out from going into further debt.

As stated in my OP.....never a problem with their ammo and good pricing! I normally buy from Outdoor Limited which is located in my home town with no shipping, but I also like to continue doing business with companies I have had good service from. I do realize filing for a chapter 11 is an attempt to reorganize the company and hopefully they'll succeed and stay in business.

Originally Posted by edwardh1
where are 22 lr prices now?- any return to the old days , for say cci brand
22 lr

CCI mini mag 100 round is around 8 dollars.

They are probably filing chapter 11 to escape the nuisance lawsuits filed by the anti-gun lobby

NO2, It would be so nice if it were required for these hooligans to actually have suffered a tort to be able to bring a lawsuit. If that were the case, and not just a thinly-veiled attempt to damage lawful businesses for the purpose of destroying them without merit, I wouldn't have any issue.

Since 99% of the time there is no tort nor merit to their case, I hope the culprits suffer mightily for negatively impacting the families of many hardworking Americans.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo
NO2, It would be so nice if it were required for these hooligans to actually have suffered a tort to be able to bring a lawsuit. If that were the case, and not just a thinly-veiled attempt to damage lawful businesses for the purpose of destroying them without merit, I wouldn't have any issue.

Since 99% of the time there is no tort nor merit to their case, I hope the culprits suffer mightily for negatively impacting the families of many hardworking Americans.

Note NO2 used the word "probably". This is soeculative until they give further proof that it is the case.

Why start the thread down a path that's going to end up getting it locked?

How about traceable information and acceptable discussion?

Freedom is only selling OEM ammo - they do not appear to be making their own any more which means they let go most of their work force ... I would buy OEM brands they sell now else where (sorry Freedom - unless you make your own ammo again you are not much good to me .)

Originally Posted by ChrisD46
Freedom is only selling OEM ammo - they do not appear to be making their own any more which means they let go most of their work force ... I would buy OEM brands they sell now else where (sorry Freedom - unless you make your own ammo again you are not much good to me .)

Here is some remanufactured 9mm: Freedom 9mm Reman

Are they just selling off existing stock, or are they still producing? I buy from them when they have sales and free shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back