Kendall GT-1 Syn 10w0-30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't be any good with so little Moly and no Boron!
lol.gif

Again I think this will be much like GC and ATM, nothing much showing outstanding in a voa, but excellent performance.

Thank you for the VOA . I think it should do well for you .

Is this oil costing you about 4 bucks a quart and have you seen the 5w-40 Kendall GT-1 or the 76 brand 5w-40 where you buy it ?

Any consumption to speak of ?

quote:

Originally posted by Motorbike:
Thank you for the VOA . I think it should do well for you .

Is this oil costing you about 4 bucks a quart and have you seen the 5w-40 Kendall GT-1 or the 76 brand 5w-40 where you buy it ?

Any consumption to speak of ?

Well, so far so good, at least as to how it runs. I am ready to start the phase for the UAO and I will post it in about 6 weeks.

I was getting the oil by the case at a lube wholeseller as it is not really available in retail where I live (Northern Ca.). It costs around $5 per bottle. I have yet to see the Union 76 oil around here.

The only other place I have seen the 5w-40 is at the Firestone dealer and not retail outlets either. I have found a local Napa Auto dealer who will order it by the case for me.

I have noticed that in a few 3K mile OCI it has consumed none to speak of and once it used about 1/4 of a quart. I have noticed no start up problems. Cold weather (well, for me, anyway...) seems good.

cheers.gif
and Happy New Year to all.

Bob W.

Okay, so here is the VOA by Blackstone Labs on the Kendall GT-1 full synthetic 10w-30 I have been running for awhile:

Aluminum: 0
Chromium: 0
Iron: 1
Copper: 0
Lead: 0
Tin: 0
Moly: 16
Nickel: 0
Manganese: 0
Silver: 0
Titanium: 0
Potassium: 0
Boron: 0
Silicon: 3
Sodium: 1
Calcium: 2063
Magnesium: 15
Phosphorous: 886
Zinc: 1060
Barium: 0

TBN: 8.5
SUS visc @ 210 F: 61.2
Flash point: 445

It will interesting to see what the UOA (coming) will show.

cheers.gif

Bob W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back