Kit to Replace Cartridge Flow Thru With Spin On Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago probably 1992 I was at a motorcycle rally in a vendor's trailer and swear I saw a kit for changing motorcycles with a flow thru cartridge and oil filter cover to using a spin on type filter that was readily available, I believe the kit had a plate or adapter that fit on the motorcycle engine block and the other side of it was perfect for a spin on filter attachment, has anyone else heard or seen this, who was the manufacturer and how would I get in contact?

Consider taking a look at Rivco's stuff. I bought one of their adapters for my Venture Royale a few years ago. I'm sure it's a simple matter to find out what the appropriate diameters, etc.. need to be to make one that works, and I'm sure they could do it for you (they'll fabricate on demand, although of course it's more expensive).

I know there is a relocation kit available for a particular import cruiser being produced but I can not recall the model. You have to do some serious work including removing the exhaust to get the OEM cartridge filter out. The kit costs a couple hundred bucks which is the cost of a couple oil changes without it.
shocked.gif

I love my GS but I wish it had a filter plate available.

Steve

quote:

Originally posted by bmwguy:
Suburban Machinery in Cleveland OH?

That's the one for BMW Airheads. However, most experts recommend strongly against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back