Volkswagen new GTI vs. Civic SI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My last new car was $28k, this one was $10k less...if I can get excited about it, that's pretty cool. As for VAG, if they had a decent revision for the LCAs, I'd have kept my car. As for AoA, their customer service was not up to the challenge that their weak parts suppliers handed them. No biggie, I just need to get from A to B and the RSX does it well. My buddy just bought a loaded A3, more power to him. All I can say is there are 2 choices when buying a new car- Do you want to loose a little money or do you want to loose a lot? I drive 20-25k a year...the answer is obvious.

Here is a great analysis of the new VW ads:

http://www.slate.com/id/2137532/?nav=tap3

Money Quote: Let me say upfront that, while as individuals I'm certain they are lovely people, men under the age of 25 comprise my least favorite advertising demographic. Marketing directed at this cohort tends to exhibit: an adversarial stance toward women; a thoughtless disregard for societal harmony; supremely awful taste in food and clothing; and general boneheadedness. Bob Garfield, writing recently in Advertising Age, referred to the "beer-pong demographic."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back