Help For Katrina Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all read the problems before, during and after Hurricane Katrina. Now is not the time to be a judge. It is time to step up to the plate and show our fellow Americans some compassion and help.
Our city has families and individuals that lost everything and have made it this far from the Mississippi Delta Region. Our town is housing and feeding them. Also moral and physical support as much as lay persons can administer. The rest is done by local professionals.

The displaced persons from the Hurricane will be dispersed throughout the United States. Lets all do our part. Help your local Food Bank, Relief Center or any way you can. If your employment permits it. If you can't help in person, I recommend a Donation to the Red Cross or the Salvation Army or both.

We can continue to discuss the problems of the past happenings or we can contribute to the future happenings. Your choice. Thousands of American Citizens are homeless because of an act of Nature. Look no further than your personal beliefs and compassion. Then make a move and your reward will be a smile on someones face, or a comfort as much as could be expected. And your final reward will come when you stand before the Ultimate Judge.

The issue is not Religion, Race, Rich or Poor. The issue is helping and administering to our fellow country men/women and young kids. And also, take a few minutes and turn off the TV and enjoy your family for a couple of hours. And if you can, take some time to pray for those whom were lost, those that are sick and the survivors. What ever faith you profess, this is the time for some prayer.

Couldn't agree more. This is a catastrophe which can shake the fabric of the country. Americans will need to open their pocketbook and their services for a long long time. I hope we can stay the course. I did make a donation to the RC, SA, and Mennonite Disaster Relief. Me and my wife have committed to donating every month for as long as the problem exists. I will in addition contribute to every place that I go buy that is collecting..even if its just a buck or two.

We all need to spread the word. If we do that..we can perhaps make the country stronger for it.

Thanks Al you have a good heart.

patriot.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Al:
Mennonite Disaster Relief

Thats where I sent my first donation too!

More to come to other charities next payday (friday).

Lets all help out where we can. n reality, in doing this, we're helping ourselves.

JMH

Saw at least 7 caravans today with a total of 70 fire and ambulance vehicles heading south from Chicagoland to N.O. and several fire Depts on the overpasses sending them off.

Even a contingent from WA state headed out. Way to go guys!

We do need a BiTOG caravan with food, water, shelters....no oil changes allowed on the way down but there may be some waterlogged equipment in need of earl!

Lastly it's been good seeing the rescue effort. (yeah it would be better if it never happened). NBC just made the effort look and seem worse, by saying there's "no team work", "it's racial", "it's the pres's fault" - they are wrong, that's all.

I am actively involved in helping as I can and suggest those in areas that the relocated are coming to, do the same.

It has been amazing to see the response here in NE Texas.

Helped feed two families last night at the La Quinta Inn and am working through our Church and Christian Camp of the Living Word
( www.cclw-texas.com ) to house 240. Our Church camp was selected to be a FEMA housing area. I also volunteered to fly people as needed and hope to do that soon.

I am not happy with the initial response to the tragedy from the leadership across the board. But I have a renewed faith in the US Citizen.

Help if you can you will be blessed while blessing others !

Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back