My parents took my nissan s13 silvia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gregk24
Im glad your parents took your car, learn to be responsible and start behaving like an adult. Driving is a privilege not a right. Learn from this and move on with life.

Driving is a right. Traveling (Motoring) on American Roads is a Constitutionally Guaranteed Right, not a State-Granted 'Privilege'

Last edited:
When I was in university, I had the BMW in my sig.
I worked summers for the government and went to school the rest of the time.
Never did I get a speeding ticket or pulled over for anything, because I respected the car and the fact that I paid for it myself.

Really its not even your car? Not to be rude but it being your last year in University is a bit late to do something like that..(immature). Would be something you did as a new driver.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Don't do burnouts in public, dumba$$.

Don't make excuses, own up to it, think long and hard about why it was stupid, and talk to your parents about it.

Especially in a Datsun.

When it's your money that bought it, then, and only then, will it be your car.

As a parent, I would take my car back from a kid who demonstrated your irresponsibility.

Graduate, get a job, buy your own.

"Problem" solved.

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL
Im glad your parents took your car, learn to be responsible and start behaving like an adult. Driving is a privilege not a right. Learn from this and move on with life.

Driving is a right. Traveling (Motoring) on American Roads is a Constitutionally Guaranteed Right, not a State-Granted 'Privilege'

Driving is not a right, it is a privilege in the USA. Freedom of movement is a right.

Originally Posted By: Nissan101
My parents took my car because i did a launch and burnout in front of my university.......... and got a ticket for reckless driving
frown.gif

Give my an excuse to get it back :p

Too bad they have not taken your computer or phone.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal

Driving is not a right, it is a privilege in the USA. Freedom of movement is a right.
+1

My parents took my car because i did a launch and burnout in front of my university.......... and got a ticket for reckless driving
frown.gif

When you realize why they did what they did, and why what you did was stupid, you'll begin the transition to real adulthood. Until then you've demonstrated a blatant disregard for the traffic laws that you promised to follow when you were granted your license, and acted incredibly immature.

You're showing your blatant ignorance of the Constitution. While the "freedom of travel" is fundamentally guaranteed by the Constitution, the privilege to operate a motor vehicle on public roads can be conditionally granted by the entity who built the roads, and the licensing is based upon following certain rules and laws and demonstrating certain skills. If the rules are broken or violated or the operator doesn't possess the necessary skills, the state can reserve the right to restrict or revoke a person's privilege.

Freedom to travel among the states is fundamental, but how you travel is not.

frown.gif

Let me guess! Parents own the car - you live at their home and don't pay rent either.

If you're truly from the Caribbean, you know just how expensive fuel and good tires are. Good on them for showing you to be responsible with your stuff.

The only good reason I can think of is that many areas on many islands are not conducive to biking or walking, so depending upon where you live, you may not be able to actually get to school.

Your parents did the right thing.

What's to say this happened in the USA? I didn't catch that it happened in the USVI or PR. OP's location says Caribbean... I'm guessing Trinidad and Tobago.

It says so on the internet, so it must be true.
crackmeup2.gif

frown.gif

Good for your parents !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back