My parents took my nissan s13 silvia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nissan101
My parents took my car because i did a launch and burnout in front of my university.......... and got a ticket for reckless driving
frown.gif

Give my an excuse to get it back :p

Good on them. Unless you are fiscally emancipated, paying your tuition, living expenses and transportation costs such as insurance, if your area is anything like the United States, they would be held liable for any damages or injuries you cause behind the wheel.

We all did stupid stuff when young. Most of us grew up and learned there is a time and place for this sort of thing. It's on a track, not the public roads.

Well my dad wants to buy tires for me and he rather buys the cheaper ones....and yes i asked him already saying that why dont he gave me the money for the cheaper ones and i add the rest to get a known brand, but he says the cheaper ones does the same job -_-
And the price difference is around 100$ each

Pehaps this event is why your dad wanted to buy inexpensive tires. He suspected you were planning on turning his hard earned money into smoke.

No point in buying expensive tires if they are going to go up in smoke

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Glad you got the ticket. It is because of people like you and how you act that I avoid car shows.

Pretty much. And, it's just a 240SX. No matter how fast you want to believe it is, it's just... not.

Woah my Ford econobox is faster than a 240SX to 60!?

My parents took my car because i did a launch and burnout in front of my university.......... and got a ticket for reckless driving
frown.gif

Give my an excuse to get it back :p

There is no excuse.
Congratulations on your parents for countering your irresponsible actions.
Better that they do so now, rather than late.
They probably don't want you living in their backroom at age 38.
You don't like it? Get a job and tote your own note.

If it was truly "your" car, your parents couldn't actually take it, right?

Good on them.

Maybe you'll learn something from this, but with a whiny post on BITOG about it, it seems it may be too late.

I guess i should explain better....there was somewhat a small car show at the university car park.
When exiting i did a launch and burnout, the cops stopped me a little way up and ticketed me
frown.gif

The loss of use of the car plus the fine is your tuition for this lesson in poor judgement. My parents never bought me a car, I bought my own with my own wages. I drove like an idiot at times, but the tickets were also mine and I paid them. Maybe whining to your friends would get you the sympathy you crave.

Originally Posted By: Joshua_Skinner
I guess i should explain better....there was somewhat a small car show at the university car park.
When exiting i did a launch and burnout, the cops stopped me a little way up and ticketed me
frown.gif

The loss of use of the car plus the fine is your tuition for this lesson in poor judgement. My parents never bought me a car, I bought my own with my own wages. I drove like an idiot at times, but the tickets were also mine and I paid them. Maybe whining to your friends would get you the sympathy you crave.

Same here. What is this parents buying kids a car and paying their way in college. I earned a full tuition scholarship via Army ROTC and earned two engineering degrees. I had to work to pay my living expenses. Didn't even have a car at school until my Jr year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back