Do Employees Of Car Companies Get New Cars Cheap ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SEBZX79
I work for a Huge dealer network and have access to employee pricing for all manufacturers that we sell. My Genesis is 217 a month first payment down. My daughter has a 50k c class for 300 a month 1500 down and I bought myou wife's car as she drives too much. My current Genesis is up in December and will be in a loaded new one for about 300 a month.

I'd be tempted if I could drive my 20-25K miles/year.

But I don't think I'd be paying $300/mo for a two or three year lease racking up miles at that rate.

But I would be tempted to lease a 3er if I could get it for 3 bills a month for 24 or 36 months, and up to 22k miles/year all in.

But until then, I'll drive my 200k + mile Mazda and bank my mileage reimbursements
smile.gif

Employees used to be able to order cars at invoice less holdback prices.
Don't know if that's true now.
Salesmen also used to be able to lease cars that were intended to be available as demos dirt cheap.
Don't think that this is the case anymore.

In 2004 I bought an expedition at employee rates, sticker was 42 and some change, I paid 28 and change.
Those days are over though and the employee discount now sucks. Large corporate dealers can beat any ford employee plan if they buy enough vehicles.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Originally Posted By: SEBZX79
I work for a Huge dealer network and have access to employee pricing for all manufacturers that we sell. My Genesis is 217 a month first payment down. My daughter has a 50k c class for 300 a month 1500 down and I bought myou wife's car as she drives too much. My current Genesis is up in December and will be in a loaded new one for about 300 a month.

I'd be tempted if I could drive my 20-25K miles/year.

But I don't think I'd be paying $300/mo for a two or three year lease racking up miles at that rate.

But I would be tempted to lease a 3er if I could get it for 3 bills a month for 24 or 36 months, and up to 22k miles/year all in.

But until then, I'll drive my 200k + mile Mazda and bank my mileage reimbursements
smile.gif

Let's not get in to the "leasing is evil" age old argument here on BITOG. Glad your happy with your 200,000 mile Mazda.

It seemed to be a way to get a good price on a hotter model, like a Focus ST when those were first out.
(I never actually tried, but I looked once to see if it was excluded, and it wasn't.)

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
My 740i was $575/mo, $89k MSRP.
My 528i was $329/mo, $39k MSRP.

Some brands have awesome employee lease deals.

Some of the current BMW employee leases are crazy cheap- one co-worker is leasing a $43k 3er for under $300/month for 24 months with less than $1k at signing.

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Yep the GM plan is called GMS Discount. It's not what it once was. Currently if a regular Joe Blow walks into a showroom and has good savy, he can usually get within $200 or so of the GMS price. Usually but not always.

I have never seen a lease like SEBZX79 mentioned. Maybe he is talking about the company car program that 8th level salary and above take part in. They drive a car from the captive test fleet for 6 to 12 months, report back any issues and get issued another car.

Sad part is that most of the rest of the so called discount is going away for "perks" (like free oil changes) as GM is trying to make money anywhere they can.

I get GMS and a new Cruze LT for me would be like 450 off MSRP. Remember my last compact was nearly 2 grand off...
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: BobsArmory
Yep the GM plan is called GMS Discount. It's not what it once was. Currently if a regular Joe Blow walks into a showroom and has good savy, he can usually get within $200 or so of the GMS price. Usually but not always.

I have never seen a lease like SEBZX79 mentioned. Maybe he is talking about the company car program that 8th level salary and above take part in. They drive a car from the captive test fleet for 6 to 12 months, report back any issues and get issued another car.

Bob's right. Our GM discount used to be excellent but now is just average. We save an average of 1 to 3,000 off a cars MSRP (depends on model) before incentives which are added on. I drive a company vehicle and when I am done with a vehicle it goes up for sale to any GM employee at a discounted rate a bit more than the new off the lot discount prioe. Average savings can be up to 10k and the vehicles usually have 10-15,000 miles on them average.

Last edited:
Ford D-plan is legit depending on the car you get. It was right around 5K off on my 2014 Mustang, plus I got any available rebates. It does not apply to SVT products though.

Originally Posted By: ls973800

Any incentives, rebates, and any other discounts are also subtracted from those prices. X plan is the least amount discounted, and can be obtained from a Ford employee or if the company you work for is listed as a "supplier" to Ford. I think there are over 1100 companies that are eligible. A and Z I believe are current employees, and D is retired employees?

A plan is for current employees, Z plan is for retirees. IIRC for A and Z you get 4 PIN's a year you can give out to family members.
Both are good deals as it's less than invoice and you get all the rebates. X plan you can get from many companies or by being a shareholder. It used to be a good deal but not so much any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back