cheap upgrade to win 10 from win 7 s/n

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi:
I have purchased 2 think pads used, no HD, plan to put SSD in, they came with legit s/n for win7, what is the most economical way to get win 10 now that the free install period has run out. Not sure currently which version of win 7 s/n is there. Thoughts? Thanks.

Funny, I just paid to downgrade to Win7. I can't believe I put up with win8/10 junk for over a year. Like a Ferrari that can't get out of 1st.

Meh.. I'd just use Win7, or download and install the new Linux Mint. Works fantastic on Thinkpads.

Originally Posted By: 1000MPH
Funny, I just paid to downgrade to Win7. I can't believe I put up with win8/10 junk for over a year. Like a Ferrari that can't get out of 1st.

I agree....I'm sorry I ever switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10....

Before you go out and spend $$$ on Windows 10, try out the latest version of Peppermint 7 - https://peppermintos.com/

If you don't like it, then go back to Windows 7 if you must. I've tried many Linux distributions and this one (Peppermint) has worked without a hitch.

Originally Posted By: pbm
Originally Posted By: 1000MPH

I agree....I'm sorry I ever switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10....

Why? I switched and dont notice any difference unless some feature has been removed or changed that i dont use?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
You can still download Windows 10 For Free.

Yeah, but can you install/activate it for free?
Yes; it installed and activated just fine yesterday on two laptops with fresh installs of W7 Pro.

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
Meh.. I'd just use Win7, or download and install the new Linux Mint. Works fantastic on Thinkpads.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back