Windows 10 For Free Last Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I have read, today( July 29, 2016 )is supposed to be the last day for the free Windows 10 upgrade. I am not sure if that deadline was extended or not but this is/was supposed to be the final day.

So, if you want to get Windows 10 for free, or you have already done the upgrade but haven't yet made a bootable USB or DVD of Windows 10 in case your system ever crashes, today is the day to get it done.

Free Windows 10 Upgrade & Media Creation Tool

Or not... since it's basically uploading everything from your voice if you have a microphone to your **** pics for microsoft to look at.

So after has some trouble getting updates for Windows 7 on a HP 8440p Elitebook, I finally installed Windows 10 last night. And then remove it. You see, HP is not supporting drivers for Win10, especially the video driver. Maybe I could spend time finding them on the net, I have no plan to. Windows 7 for when I use Photoshop and MS products, Cinnamom Mint for everything else.

Originally Posted By: horse123
Or not... since it's basically uploading everything from your voice if you have a microphone to your **** pics for microsoft to look at.

Riiight.

Used to jump on the band wagon for every MS update. But lately and especially since my laptop's whiskers are graying (2009 model HP DV7-2270us 2.0ghz quad core) my motto has changed from "If it isn't broken, see if you can make it work better!" to "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!" The venerable old lapster does everything I need it to just fine on Windows 7
smile.gif
I do more and more with my phone instead of my laptop these days anyhow.

For me, all my software is installed, from Solidworks to Illustrator, Corel Draw, Steam, games such as Doom (latest one)...

It is kind of like throwing away your tux because you changed your socks and the socks don't match.

Maybe if you only use your computer to browse the net and you are really bored, I'd say go for it.

But other than all the trouble, headaches, hassles, you won't find much difference between 10 and 7.

And, I bet this isn't the "last Windows". They tried too many new things that don't benefit anyone but Microsoft.

Sure, it would make Microsoft's life easier if everyone used only 10. But I bought and paid for 7 and it works great on my older system. It has an AMD Phenom II x4 965, 8GB ram, and a 500Gb SSD (Crucial BX100) with a decent Nvidia Geforce 650 Ti 2GB.

When I am in the mood for a new system, I am almost sure Microsoft will be onto something else.

So why should I take all the time to learn 10 now when I'd probably have to learn 11 too?

Sorry, but they should have allowed everyone to download a Windows 10 image file to allow people to make a DVD to do a CLEAN INSTALL of Windows 10, and stopped worrying about people with legit 7 licenses.

Then I probably would have tried it out. All I need is to pooch my 7 install then pooch all my software licenses that I paid for, then have to go through all the trouble to fix everything back the way it was.

A lot of work for nothing. And all the time required to learn new junk that I didn't need to know in the first place.

Yall are acting like you are upgrading from WIN3.0 to WIN10.

Maybe this is because I had some experience with WIN8.1, but I just haven't had a big problem with "learning" WIN10.

This does remind me that I need to double check and make sure that I have the ISO file.

A year ago I installed windows 10, kept it for 4 to 6 months, had it wiped clean and installed wondows 8. Will stay with windows 8.

Windows 10 to slow.

Windows 10 is more about what's "better" for Microsoft than the consumer.

It's like trying to purchase tires that are "more round".

When you really dive into the their (MS) reasoning; you'll see it offers no true benefit over Windows 7 and 8.

I'll stick with my Window 7 and Linux distro's for now...thank you.
smile.gif

I upgrade most of my win7 to win10, except my two main computers still running with win7. I hate MS removed the WMC and the WEI.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
10 has a benefit for me..... improvements and faster browsing.

....Like what? Are you using the same browser you had previously? What are the improvements?

After using Win 10 in three computers for close to a year, it's OK. I'm sorry to say it's nothing great. I had high hopes and liked it in the beginning, but after close to a year, like I said it's OK, nothing great.

Originally Posted By: JGmazda

....Like what? Are you using the same browser you had previously? What are the improvements?

Same browser as always..... Firefox.
Microsoft improves Windows at every level. They issue more features when new ones arrive. You don't see the improvements each time..... all the way back to Windows 95?

I would say the least amount of improvements from level to level, came when they announced Windows Me. That was the least popular Windows of all.

Last edited:

Microsoft improves Windows at every level. They issue more features when new ones arrive. You don't see the improvements each time..... all the way back to Windows 95?

I would say the least amount of improvements from level to level, came when they announced Windows Me. That was the least popular Windows of all.

I see improvements, but then again, I'm not you average user. I speak with 100's of people each week when it comes to this. 90-95% have no clue as to what "benefit" they are receiving from Windows 10. Isn't that in itself a statement?

Most consumers equate the words "new" and "upgrade" with some form of advantage. In my experience, "New" does not always mean "better". Did features change? Sure... but for the average person, this "Upgrade" created more hassles and issues that it was purported to fix.

Yes, there's a difference between Windows 95, XP etc... but from 7 to 10? Look at how they brought back the start menu? I guess we are all entitled to our opinions...

I view Windows 10 as another empty Microsoft effort. Shoot, I see more original and inventive programming from the Google and Linux communities.

And then there's the whole "push" to "upgrade"... to what?? More bells and whistles? Give me something substantial and I'll probably have a better attitude. "Forcing" updates was completely wrong in my book.

And then there is the whole "Trojan Horse" analogy... ..." Hey Bill... Let's give them something for free!!!...."

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Used to jump on the band wagon for every MS update. But lately and especially since my laptop's whiskers are graying (2009 model HP DV7-2270us 2.0ghz quad core) my motto has changed from "If it isn't broken, see if you can make it work better!" to "If it isn't broken, don't fix it!" The venerable old lapster does everything I need it to just fine on Windows 7
smile.gif
I do more and more with my phone instead of my laptop these days anyhow.

-------------> EXACTLY!
smile.gif

I see improvements, but then again, I'm not you average user. I speak with 100's of people each week when it comes to this. 90-95% have no clue as to what "benefit" they are receiving from Windows 10. Isn't that in itself a statement?

Most consumers equate the words "new" and "upgrade" with some form of advantage. In my experience, "New" does not always mean "better". Did features change? Sure... but for the average person, this "Upgrade" created more hassles and issues that it was purported to fix.

Yes, there's a difference between Windows 95, XP etc... but from 7 to 10? Look at how they brought back the start menu? I guess we are all entitled to our opinions...

I view Windows 10 as another empty Microsoft effort. Shoot, I see more original and inventive programming from the Google and Linux communities.

And then there's the whole "push" to "upgrade"... to what?? More bells and whistles? Give me something substantial and I'll probably have a better attitude. "Forcing" updates was completely wrong in my book.

And then there is the whole "Trojan Horse" analogy... ..." Hey Bill... Let's give them something for free!!!...."

Very few people view Windows `10 in Windows 10. A large majority use Windows 7 desktop.
BTW - allowing users the option to use either one is another benefit.... an improvement, upgrade.....etc.

I'm done with this. Works fantastic for me and I really don't care if you disagree. See ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back