Assembling your own AK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys recommend sites to buy the parts to assemble my own AK, including assembling the receiver from parts as well? There are a few places but I'm not sure how reputable and reliable their products are.

I am asking for personal experience and feedback.

Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
What a stupid law.
The chopping up parts kit barrels is a classy law. Just a straight up flip off.

I had some old kits with original barrels, one is a Romy-G (Romanian National Guard) and the other is a AMD-65 built on a Nodak Spud receiver. The Romy-G is built on a blank from AK-Builder and I used their rails, center support, tapco trigger assy. and rivet kits.

I'm still kicking myself for not picking up mint AMD65 parts kits for $89.
33.gif

I honestly feel like you BUILD an AK, and ASSEMBLE an AR. I know everyone has seen the Shovel ---> AK video, but seriously, AK's are more like artistry than simple assembly. Perhaps that is why so many of them here in America are [censored], and those that aren't, are $$$. Irony is, I think of the AK more like a 1911 than a Glock.

Building one from a flat takes more skill than from a receiver but it isn't rocket surgery either way. It takes much more artistry to build something like an HK91 or FAL from a parts kit.

Last edited:
I'm pretty good building stuff. But from what I am seeing, this will require to invest in a tig welder.

The value proposition is simply not there if I am to build only one. And I don't really want to have more than maybe two -- a pistol AK and a regular AK with a long muzzle.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
I'm pretty good building stuff. But from what I am seeing, this will require to invest in a tig welder.

The value proposition is simply not there if I am to build only one. And I don't really want to have more than maybe two -- a pistol AK and a regular AK with a long muzzle.

Any suggestions?

Yeah buy the receivers. If you can find 80% ones even better. Just don't forget 922r if you are using parts kits.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back