need help choosing small concealed carry pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a concealed carry permit in my state and I am finding myself in the position where I am going to have to carry a couple of times.
Problem is I live in FL, it is to dang hot and I am always in shorts and a t-shirt. My current pistols are way to big for this situation and I need an alternative. Small and reliable, cost is not an issue but I am not looking for anything fancy. Current pistols for reference are Sig P228 and a M&P 40.

Thx

Last edited:
I like 9mm because the ammo is cheap and can be found anywhere. Back when I carried my 380,I couldn't ever find ammo,and when I did,it was always really expensive.

I love my Smith and Wesson m&p shield 9mm, it's so thin and the trigger is pretty awesome too.

If I could stand the double stack a glock 26 would win because the ability to carry the larger G19/G17 mags makes a really nice package.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You do realize we have a firearms subforum?

Honestly, I thought that is where I started it. I'll pm a the admin and see if I can get it moved.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
You do realize we have a firearms subforum?

No, we have a firearms: lubes, cleaners, & maintenance forum , not that anybody seems to pay attention..

FWIW, a double stack anything is harder to conceal than a single stack.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: Falken
I have a preference for Glocks, I would try something like this out:

https://us.glock.com/products/model/g26gen4

This is what I carry. The Glock 26.

The 27 is on the "to buy" list. Nice little sub-compacts. What holster do you guys use?

Folks, check out recoil gun works. They have LEO trade-ins, but sometimes they weren't even issued yet and they come with night sites.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
I have a concealed carry permit in my state and I am finding myself in the position where I am going to have to carry a couple of times.
Problem is I live in FL, it is to dang hot and I am always in shorts and a t-shirt. My current pistols are way to big for this situation and I need an alternative. Small and reliable, cost is not an issue but I am not looking for anything fancy. Current pistols for reference are Sig P228 and a M&P 40.

Thx

Smith & Wesson Chiefs Special in .38 Special, 2" barrel.

Thx

Ruger LCP Custom.
No holster - no nothing. Slip it in your right-front pocket - never add anything to that pocket and off-you-go.
Absolutely love mine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Ruger LCP Custom.
No holster - no nothing. Slip it in your right-front pocket - never add anything to that pocket and off-you-go.
Absolutely love mine.

Yup...none better. I don't have the "Custom" and likely its not necessary...depends what you want. the LCP can be had for $200 out the door. Trigger is amazing. less than 10 oz. Nothing better in that category. I never carried much. That changed when I got this one.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Thx

Ruger LCP Custom.
Absolutely love mine.

Semiautomatic and not designed by John Browning...nope.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
What holster do you guys use?

I just carry mine in my pocket. Fits perfectly. We have open carry here,but I'm the kind who prefers not to draw necessary attention to myself for any reason.

Originally Posted By: hatt
S&W 642/442. Doesn't get easier than pocket carrying small revolver.

Double the cost, 50% heavier 50% wider, only holds 5. Doesn't get anyt better for a revolver but doesn't stack up to an LCP (IMHO).
I carried one but never liked it.

Before buying the 442 (or lcp) check ou the Ruger LC9 s a bit smaller than the 442 and only 2 oz more...easier to carry and a huge upgrade in performance over the 442. And about the same price as the 442. The G 43 for some more bucks is worthy of looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back