Best oil for blown LS1 that isn't driven a lot

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOACK it is how the oil thickens. What % is oil evaporation as compared to the blow by gasses, carbon ,oil mist etc. Are we chasing chasing numbers that may mean nothing.

Originally Posted By: TiredTrucker
PQIA showed the good 'ol yellow bottle Pennzoil conventional 10w30 with a 4.4 NOACK on the first test, and retested to confirm and got 4.2. Nice add pack. I would have no problem using it. Seems it is using the GTL base stock.

http://www.pqiadata.org/Pennzoil10W30.html

The question is how consistent the use of GTL would be in the PYB. With PP or PPU we know you will be getting GTL (plus possibly some PAO and POE as well).

Originally Posted By: CT8
NOACK it is how the oil thickens. What % is oil evaporation as compared to the blow by gasses, carbon ,oil mist etc. Are we chasing chasing numbers that may mean nothing.

I do know PP 10W30 cuts the amount of oil in my catch can in half compared to MC 5W20. How much is caused by viscosity vs NOACK I can't say.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gene K
Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
Is a blower the same as a supercharger or is it a type of supercharger?

Are all superchargers blowers?

What about turbos?

Or is this all slang anyway?

Blower - Slang for Supercharger

Blower is usually used to refer to superchargers that are mechanically driven off the engine by belts, shafts, gears or chains.

Turbo - An exhaust driven supercharger.
They all do the same exact thing.

Blower is a very appropriate term for a positive displacement supercharger, because they for years before they ever sat on top of an engine, they were used exclusively as blowers for industrial applications.

Funny you say that DBLWSP, you made me recall a Plasma chamber I ran at Bell Labs had a 2 stage vacuum pump, one stage being a roots-style blower. Those ran inert, non-combustable "liquid Teflon" as a lubricant.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back