AMSOIL OE Multi-Vehicle ATF for ATF+4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a stash of AMSOIL OE Multi-Vehicle ATF and was considering using it my Dodge Ram which calls for ATF+4.

AMSOIL "recommends" this fluid for this application down to temperatures of -38F, but it does not meet spec at -40F
crazy.gif

I don't live in an area that gets that cold, so would I be safe in using AMSOIL in my Ram?

Originally Posted By: JC1
I would only be using ATF+4 on any Mopar powered tranny.

Me too, and FTR ATF+4 is synthetic as well.

I used Amsoil LV ATF in my Trailblazer several years ago in a fluid exchange and it has been working great! Its not a licenced Dex 6 but it still worked. I am currently running a multi vehicle in my Ram with a 545rfe, its a fully PAO based with a pour point of -66 C. While I originally planned at using easily obtainable AT+4 I decided to blaze some trails and see what else works. It works great and have not had any issues driving light, hard and now towing about 5500 pounds tonight. If Amsoil was cheaper I would have used it.

I've used Amsoil ATF in many Dodge/Jeep/Chrysler cars and trucks for years, including my 98 Ram that tows a 6000 lb boat; and my 96 Sebring with 200k+ miles. I have never had a transmission problem.

^^^ this. I have used amsoil in ATF+4 transmissions and have been pleased with it. No failures, no changes in driveability. That said, Amsoil is the only fluid I would use in these outside of a specific ATF+4.

It would be just fine for your application considering you already have it. I use maxlife in almost all of my vehicles but before that I used to really like Castrol's line of ATFs. Most of them have the actual certs. from the manufacturers.

I use it in my 46RE in my Durango and 545 RFE in my Jeep, great trans fluid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back