Bought A Yamaha XSR900 today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
]XSR900 Guage[/url]

]The first fill-up @ 5 miles[/url]

Here are a couple pictures of the bike I picked up today. I rode one a couple weeks ago at Demo days at a dealership in Cincinnati and i fell in love with it. I found this one from a dealer who had it marked down to 7,999. Msrp is 9,490. I got it OTD for a tad over 9k. Since this bike has only been out a few months I thought this was a good price. The power is incredible just like the FZ09 but this bike has stiffer suspension, ABS, and traction control.

I love the retro style and modern electronics. Im happy to be back on a Yamaha after selling my FZ6R a couple months ago. I was in the market for a Supersport, but im glad i went with this bike instead. Its faster in the 1/4 mile than a SS and handles nearly as well for the type of spirited riding I will do. It also is very practical and comfortable to ride. I hauled it home from indianapolis and put its first 20 miles on it tonight through Cincinnati. Im extremely satisfied.

I plan to run the oil in it now (yamalube 10w40) till the 600mi service then i will probably go with something easy to get OTC like valvoline Synthetic 10w40 4T motorcycle oil.

Last edited:
Great buy. Much better choice than a 600 sportsbike, IMHO. I think they look awesome! I love that triple - I have plans for an MT 09 Tracer, one day... Enjoy!

Love that new bike smell. Congrats.
cool.gif

Nice bike! But dude...Robocop called. He wants his gauge cluster back!
laugh.gif

(Seriously: what is with the sci-fi dashboards?!)

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Nice bike! But dude...Robocop called. He wants his gauge cluster back!
laugh.gif

(Seriously: what is with the sci-fi dashboards?!)

Haha I can see what you are saying. I kinda like it. The only thing is I need to find out if I can make it more dim for night riding. The thing is stupid bright at night.

Picked up my XSR a month ago. 1,200 miles on it so far. Can't believe how much fun it is. Best purchase I've made in a loooong time. You got a smoking deal at 9k OTD. Enjoy!

Originally Posted By: DukeOfFrontenac
Picked up my XSR a month ago. 1,200 miles on it so far. Can't believe how much fun it is. Best purchase I've made in a loooong time. You got a smoking deal at 9k OTD. Enjoy!

I just rolled 48 miles! Glad to hear you are loving yours! I still haven't taken it out of B mode yet, but I got down on it a couple times today from 3rd gear roll ons, and it is stupid fast. I shifted a couple thousand off of redline into 4th getting back on it and the front wheel got light...in 4th gear. I won't say how fast the speedo read, but I'm sure you can figure it out. The bike is nuts. Tons of power from 3k RPM up.

It's fast at 4K RPM and scary up top.

Originally Posted By: JetStar
Congrats on your new bike!! I love it. I need to throw a leg over one of these new Yamaha Triples, or maybe I don't (wife is looking at me).

You definitely should try one out when a demo day comes to your area. You will love a big bore triple, gobs of power everywhere.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Nice ... I see it's a new model for 2016. I've been thinking about getting a naked standard bike, and maybe this one is worth checking out. Has traction control and ABS ... nice. Not sure about the tail light though. Wet weight is 430 lbs ... probably feels really light.
thumbsup2.gif

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-heritage/models/xsr900

Definitely feels very light! It corners really well and the traction control works very well. I was able to use it last weekend on my trip to West Virginia. Accelerating hard out of apexes on the midland trail the traction control kept everything in check. I love the bike. it has almost 2100 miles on it now. I hope to put another couple thousand on it before winter.

If you are looking at a naked bike I highly recommend it. Shop around also. I bought mine at Westfield power sports north of Indianapolis, Indiana. They were the absolute cheapest I could find at $7,999. +TTL

The other bike I was considering was a Ducati Monster 821 stripe, but the XSR does everything better and is more refined for $3-4K less. Fit and finish is not as clean as the Ducati, but it is still well built and I get tons of compliments and questions about the bike. Even Harley guys like it...

Originally Posted By: FWR132
Awesome bike man, i think you've posted these photos on IG (i searched #HDEO)

Thanks! Probably so! I have a IG @xsr900life. Follow me, I post pics of the bike regularly.

Originally Posted By: donnyj08
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Nice ... I see it's a new model for 2016. I've been thinking about getting a naked standard bike, and maybe this one is worth checking out. Has traction control and ABS ... nice. Not sure about the tail light though. Wet weight is 430 lbs ... probably feels really light.
thumbsup2.gif

https://www.yamahamotorsports.com/sport-heritage/models/xsr900

Definitely feels very light! It corners really well and the traction control works very well. I was able to use it last weekend on my trip to West Virginia. Accelerating hard out of apexes on the midland trail the traction control kept everything in check. I love the bike. it has almost 2100 miles on it now. I hope to put another couple thousand on it before winter.

If you are looking at a naked bike I highly recommend it. Shop around also. I bought mine at Westfield power sports north of Indianapolis, Indiana. They were the absolute cheapest I could find at $7,999. +TTL

The other bike I was considering was a Ducati Monster 821 stripe, but the XSR does everything better and is more refined for $3-4K less. Fit and finish is not as clean as the Ducati, but it is still well built and I get tons of compliments and questions about the bike. Even Harley guys like it...

I bought my Suzuki DR650 at westfield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back