ACDelco vs Valvoline oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I'm about to take my car to the Valvoline oil change station (I specifically need Valvoline 5W-40 for my 2016 Camaro SS for racing/track day application).
My question: do I take with me an ACDelco filter , or let them put the Valvoline filter ?
Thanks for your help

If you are going to race it, then AC Delco for warranty purposes. Basically one less thing they can point to if something happens. Which more than likely will not.

Originally Posted By: Rat407
If you are going to race it, then AC Delco for warranty purposes. Basically one less thing they can point to if something happens. Which more than likely will not.

+1

Will GM warranty a tracked car?

Originally Posted By: CT8
Will GM warranty a tracked car?

Yes, GM officially said that they will cover track usage under warranty for the 2016 Camaro SS (as long as it's not modified) .
Looks like I'll just take an ACDelco filter with me .

Thanks for all the help guys!
grin.gif

I don't know what that engine calls for, but I would strongly recommend a UPF48R if the engine calls for a PF48 or using whatever the recommended Mobil 1 filter is for that application (as the UPF48R is unquestionably just a relabeled Mobil 1 (M1-113 I think is the cross?)). You're a nuts if you put an ACDelco e-core on there.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
I don't know what that engine calls for, but I would strongly recommend a UPF48R if the engine calls for a PF48 or using whatever the recommended Mobil 1 filter is for that application (as the UPF48R is unquestionably just a relabeled Mobil 1 (M1-113 I think is the cross?)). You're a nuts if you put an ACDelco e-core on there.

Stock filter is PF64 . I hope that's ok...

AC Delco used to have really good filters. Im sure they still do just not the "E" (environmentally friendly) labeled ones.

PF46 used to be my go to filter for my truck, but now its PF46E which have tested as having worse filtration and other qualities on this very forum (i believe)

so now i've been using Wix, Pure, etc.

if your vehicle is still under warranty continue using the ac delco stuff.

If it was brand new like i thought i saw, i would be doing the oil changes myself and not letting the guys at the local quick lube get any where near it.

Last edited:
A/C Delco filters are really cheap, I personally wouldn't use either since I don't know who makes Valvoline filters. If you're racing it you want a stouter filter with a thicker can. I doubt those chintzy A/C Delco filters will hold up to that kind of abuse. Royal Purple makes a stout racing filter, I'd look into something like that myself.

So if the engine grenades while on the track and you take it to the dealer how do they know where it happened? Think I'd use a Napa Gold or Wix B4 the AC Delco.

Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Not all AC Delco filters are E-Core....I don't believe their Professional label filters are E-Core.

Just to be sure: is the PF64 E-core?
Thanks

Originally Posted By: mbar1
Originally Posted By: Scum_Frog
Not all AC Delco filters are E-Core....I don't believe their Professional label filters are E-Core.

Just to be sure: is the PF64 E-core?
Thanks

Looking at all the pics online, I say no it is not e-core

mbar1 - PF64 is not an eCore design. Thanks to a cut & post by car51.

Cut & Post of PF64 by car51

What I find amazing is the manual specifies PF64 but when you check AC Delco part locator, there are three filters listed: PF48E, PF48F and PF64.

The pictures are less than informative on AC Delco's website.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back