ContiTech Pro Series timing belt kit 2009 Galant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to change timing belt on my 2009 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4. Since gates water pump had bad reviews, I am thinking about getting

http://crpcatalog.com/TB340-341LK1.html

this kit. Anyone used similar kit before?

I am planning to keep car for 2-4 more years. Only issue I have with OEM parts is I will have to buy parts myself and will lead to liability issues since I bought my own parts. I went to dealer for quote he said around 700-1000 just for belt and water pump change, no pulley or tensioner, he said cost will depend on quality of parts he uses. I was like what quality, there should be OEM parts, but since I was overwhelmed with price I just left.

Because of bad reviews of water pump on gates I am not getting gates.

https://www.amazon.com/Gates-TCKWP340-Timing-Component-Water/dp/B00CFBTANA

Other things I am planning to get replaced

Irradium TT spark plugs (IKH20TT)
thermostat Stant OEM exact
timing cover gasket
camshaft and crankshaft seals

Last edited:
It looks like a decent kit. it's nice that the tensioner ships with a lock pin installed so you don't have to compress it yourself.

What do the dealer parts cost? You can ask your mechanic to use dealer parts. He'd be glad to buy the parts and mark them up to list price (what you would pay anyway buying them over the counter at the dealer) and warranty them.

Originally Posted By: mk378
What do the dealer parts cost? You can ask your mechanic to use dealer parts. He'd be glad to buy the parts and mark them up to list price (what you would pay anyway buying them over the counter at the dealer) and warranty them.

I don't have exact idea, but when asked how much will be labor and parts, dealer said it depends on quality of parts used. So I guess even he wasn't planing to get original parts. My mechanic is not cooprating well enough on this.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Get the Aisin kit

There's none from Aisin for my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back