Why aren't diesel oils more widely used ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question about the use of deisel oils in cars. How would something like Rotella T6 5w40 compare to Pennzoil Platinum 5w30? I've used the Platinum in my Wife's '05 Dodge Neon since we bought it in '07 with a little over 19k on it. It's now sitting at 163k and still runs great. Besides rotating the tires and doing the fluid/filter changes, I would have no problem driving this car across the country. Been interested in the T6, wondering if it may be a little better for the car because of the mileage.

L8R,
Matt

You could, but assuming it's not consuming oil and you're not getting a price or availability advantage with the Rotella, there's no overriding reason to switch. You certainly can, though.

Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
Got a question about the use of diesel oils in cars. How would something like Rotella T6 5w40 compare to Pennzoil Platinum 5w30? I've used the Platinum in my Wife's '05 Dodge Neon since we bought it in '07 with a little over 19k on it. It's now sitting at 163k and still runs great. Besides rotating the tires and doing the fluid/filter changes, I would have no problem driving this car across the country. Been interested in the T6, wondering if it may be a little better for the car because of the mileage.

What is it exactly that you are worried about at the (low) mileage of 163,000?

Not worried about a thing. Just trying to do the best I can with this car. I run Platinum 5w30 and a Fram Ultra filter. Just seeing if there was a better option out there to keep this little beast on the road.

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back