Amsoil to try TireRack.com-style service?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Donald
Were I in Amsoil management I would phase out the current sales model and push on selling to individuals with cheap shipping and let their dealer get discounts on volume.

And cut out all but the top shelf oil and other lubes.

Originally Posted By: Spector
Still am a dealer but rarely use their products due to the cost. Simply way overpriced for what is now available on the market with Pennzoil Plat/Ultra and Mobil 1 EP plus rebates etc. What bothers me most about this company is they are attempting to fill every niche market out there, huge emphasis on motorcycles, boating, off road,small engine, etc. an oil for every niche out there, just crazy IMO. they cannot change their marketing sales model, just locked into it. They have abandoned the marketing of the extended oil change interval realizing it was not working and turning off customers (manufacturers rarely will go beyond 7,500 OCIs, a few 10,000 or more but none at 15,000-25,000) and now Amsoil just pushes the quality of the product. Problem is, we all know that any oil that meets specs will do the job for 200,000 plus miles if you change it on a reasonable basis. Amsoil is just too much hassle to deal with in today's world if all one wants is a simple oil change. If you lived near a warehouse that could help but ordering, plus the cost plus shipping, way overpriced for that same 7,500 mile oil change.

My two cents

Both of these are spot on. Despite the new perks they just added to the PC accounts, I've still decided to let mine lapse. It's just too expensive.

since amsoil has followed others using primarily group III refined crude oils in most if not all applications i ceased its use. they may use some PAO in some products to meet a spec but since they hide behind PRIORITY i assume the worse. they do not blow the PAO horn on up to date web sites as well!!! hello Redline, i know what i am paying for + getting, prolly the BEST!!!

Originally Posted By: benjy
since amsoil has followed others using primarily group III refined crude oils in most if not all applications i ceased its use. they may use some PAO in some products to meet a spec but since they hide behind PRIORITY i assume the worse. they do not blow the PAO horn on up to date web sites as well!!! hello Redline, i know what i am paying for + getting, prolly the BEST!!!

Yeah, I was thinking ahrd about Amsoil, but what is difference between Valvoline 5W40 MST that I got at NAPA for $4.99 and Amsoil 5W40? Same NOACK (indication that it is GRIII), actually worse pour point, similar HTHS. Just does not get it.
If I wanted boutique oil would get Redline for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back