I love Meguiar's Ultimate Compound!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could not stand the surface scratches in the black paint of my electric, so I pulled out the buffer, put on a red (maroon) Meg's foam cutting pad, and used Ultimate Compound to clean up the car. Very happy with the results. I think this car was an automatic car wash victim (with little/any wax) with its prior owner.

The first two pics are the original paint condition, the rest of the pictures are after buffing and waxing with Meg's Gold Class liquid.

Pictures here:
http://s742.photobucket.com/user/Dutchbrad/library/Buffed the i-MiEV

When you say buffer, is that literally what you mean? Or did you use a Dual Action Polisher like the Porter Cable 7424 (for example)?

I'm just curious, because I've yet to invest in a DA but I do have a cheap random orbit buffer...

Wow, dramatic improvement! Nicely done.

Meguiar's 'Ultimate' line seldom fails to do its advertised job.

buck91....
get yourself a quality (e.g., Griots, PC) DA as it'll let the correction and detailing chemicals do their job without breaking a wrist.
Particularly on a big F150!

These before and after pictures did show big difference. It does pay to do it right.

IMG_06871_zpslsh8ids1.jpg

IMG_06901_zpschzbjxr0.jpg

If you are patient enough, you can get similar results with $20 small (NOT the large) "wax spreader", synthetic wool bonnet (which comes with it) and the Ultimate Compound. I have done that often and have posted few pictorials here.

Of course having dual action polisher and the right pad makes it lot more easier and quicker but as a proof of concept, you can spend total less than $30 and see what you could be missing.

If you are a member of this forum, you owe yourself a trial.

The buffer I use is a Harbor Freight cheapie. I bought a Meguiar's plate to mount on it. Here is the link to the buffer I use. No DA here!

http://www.harborfreight.com/power-tools...sher-69696.html

I had not buffed many cars prior to around 2 years ago. I first tried this buffer with a wool pad on my son's 1996 Accord. That car had not seen any finish car for 5+ years. I was amazed how the finish came back with the Ultimate Compound.

Around 3 years ago I started detailing cars on the side. I try not to buff customers cars unless they are a total mess. Thankfully many of my customers are fussy and keep up their cars. I have buffed a few. I went with the foam pad on the black to avoid the swirl marks. Black shows everything, so it is easy to screw up.

I was very happy with the results.

This is a 2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV - full electric. I bought this car last fall with 2,600 miles on it. The car had a sticker of $35k, I bought it out the door for $8200! My employer has charging stations, so I drive for insurance and plates. LIKEY!

I would not have picked black, but could not pass up the deal.

DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back