New Valvoline Full Synthetic Daily Protection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like Valvoline is trying cover all the bases? Have a oil for different conditions? With Maxlife, they target older cars, Synpower is a synthetic for new or newer cars.

They might advertise this oil as daily protection for daily driving, stop and go, short trips, etc..

It would make sense for this to be a cheaper version than Synpower, because what could this oil do that Synpower couldn't do?

Valvoline seems to be tweaking things across their lineup of products. It almost seems as if they would like to have a oil for various applications. Look how there are two new diesel oils in Walmart. A diesel oil for the diesel pick-up trucks and then a high mileage diesel oil. All Fleet is no longer mentioned on their website, was it discontinued?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
Could be Valvolines answer to Mobil Super Synthetic..Slightly lower priced syn oil?

+1 Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. A lower tier full synthetic. It may not make it to Walmart as it would compete with the SuperTech synthetic. The ST probably has higher margins for Walmart.

I've never understood the rationale for an oil company to make a low tier "synthetic". Why not just have conventional,HM conventional,maybe a synth blend,and a flagship synth?

Could be Valvolines answer to Mobil Super Synthetic..Slightly lower priced syn oil?

That was my thought.
I saw this oil at a Meijer location a couple of weekends ago.
I figured that this was Valvoline's entry into the twenty buck syn game.
This oil joins MSS, QSUD and Magnatec full syn in this niche.
Vavoline is probably also emulating the product proliferation game that XOM and to a lesser extent SOPUS have played so successfully.
The good news is that Valvoline will likely support this new label with some sort of bargain MIR.
Who else remembers the FAR NextGen extravaganza of a few years back?

WP_20160507_12_40_41_Pro.jpg.html

http://s1080.photobucket.com/user/Dakota...pg.html?filters[user]=117295216&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Here's the pictures

Originally Posted By: jkasch
Originally Posted By: John_K
Daily Protection, does it make my engine smell nice?

Sounds like a deodorant.
grin.gif

Sounds like a tagline for a condom.

Sounds like they are looking for a wider market for the synthetic they make for NAPA.

Originally Posted By: smithph

Sounds like they are looking for a wider market for the synthetic they make for NAPA.

I was thinking the same thing here....id love to see the voa on this... this is also why durablend was ousted I'm sure. the 20 dollar synthetic market is hot right now like mentioned earlier in the thread. Id run this without hesitation.!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting! At that price, it appears to be tier level with Castrol Magnatec and Mobil Super Synthetic.

Thanks Toto for providing this info to us, and thanks RamFan for the pic
smile.gif
. Sounds like a good deal.

Hastings Engine Air Filter #AF1511

2011 Ford Focus SE, 2.0L
Motorcraft Synthetic Blend 5W-20
Motorcraft Oil Filter #FL-910S
Motorcraft Engine Air Filter #FA-1890

I believe that sometimes it's about a footprint on the store shelves. If Valvoline has 8 styles on the shelves instead of 4, it's twice as likely the consumer will see the Valvoline logo. Ever go to the toothpaste aisle in the supermarket? Do we really need 50+ choices to remove plaque buildup?

They discontinued this in my area for what its worth...i currently am running this...this is confusing considering when i contacted valvoline a while back they were saying shelf space was at a premium. That they didn't need a bunch of similar oils.Then they came out with daily protection which from a marketing standpoint didn't make sense. Now its gone. Also was told durablend was being phased out, but my last call(last month) to them they told me it wasn't.

Maybe it meets the 2nd generation Dexos specs at a cheaper price point than Synpower. On the Dexos site, it seems to be available in only the 3 viscosities that current GM cars use --- 5W-20 & 30, 0W-20. Valvoline sponsors the Hendrick cars in Nascar and is also a supplier to the Hendrick dealerships, many of which are GM. Cheaper oil that meets specs for GM warranty service customers.

thank you for contacting Valvoline Product Support.

The Valvoline Daily Protection is currently available at Meijer stores. It is exactly the same oil as the Synpower Full Synthetic. The only difference is we package it for Meijer. The Synpower product information sheet at Valvoline.com is the product data sheet we offer.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at 800 TEAM VAL or by email at [email protected] for assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.

Mike
Valvoline Product Support

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back