Mobil1HM 10w-30 vs. 10w-40 in reducing leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just use MaxLife Blend (red bottle) - it actually works. M1 HM, even the 10W-40 version, did nothing to slow down a leak in an 02 Neon we had.

Is Maxlife as "strong" as M1 HM? The M1 is supposed to have a really strong add pack and high tbn,right? I remember it used to be praised for the high moly content like pyb,but no longer has it from what I've read here.

M1 HM is good stuff but they have cut some of the goodies out of it, it isn't what it used to be on paper anyway.

I'd try the Pennzoil HM myself, more likely to slow/stop a leak than M1 IMO. Maxlife is excellent for leaks as well, try the 10w40 in Maxlife if you go that route.

Originally Posted By: KCJeep
M1 HM is good stuff but they have cut some of the goodies out of it, it isn't what it used to be on paper anyway.

I'd try the Pennzoil HM myself, more likely to slow/stop a leak than M1 IMO. Maxlife is excellent for leaks as well, try the 10w40 in Maxlife if you go that route.

+1 I am liking PHM. Check out my signature haha.

Originally Posted By: CT8
What is the cause of the leak?

That's part of the problem. Not sure. It is not small tho. Roughly 1/2 quart 500 miles. Drips. (unless it has recently slowed down with mobil 1 10w-30 HM) Family member's car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back