I can't get Shell Rimula anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do these online shop ship to Frogland?

Else, TQ 10W50 it will be. Will be buying the oil soon and doing the OC this week end.

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Do these online shop ship to Frogland?

Else, TQ 10W50 it will be. Will be buying the oil soon and doing the OC this week end.

Thanks for the help
smile.gif

Don't think so hehe. TQ 10w50 will do just fine.

Did the OC two days ago, so far everything looks and sound good. A bit more silent than Rimula, I guess because of the thickness of the oil. We'll see how it do throughout the OCI!

Originally Posted By: Popsy
Did the OC two days ago, so far everything looks and sound good. A bit more silent than Rimula, I guess because of the thickness of the oil. We'll see how it do throughout the OCI!

Good to hear. Yeah, 50 grade will damp the noise a bit. I'm on 13k on my Berlingo with SHU, still quiet.

Do you still have the EGR? 1,6L HDI engine? Not worried about dpf (lol) ? I liked SHU in the Colt (both old and GTL formula), not in the Marea
smile.gif

A friend of mine has a new Berlingo with 1,6 HDI 100hp (I think), the engine smoothness and responsiveness is impressive (compared with TD100), very refined for a small PSA diesel (don't think PSA is the best engine maker, even if French newspapers try to make you think so)!

What is particularly impressive with TQ 10W50 is the (relative) absence of diesel chatter/rattling at startup, with Rimula (and other oils) it was always very present for several seconds after startup.

08 Berlingo 1.6, but mk1, no dpf. 298k, ALL original, including EGR. EGR is certainly full, erratic idle and occasionall engine light. It pulls and drive great. No smoke. Original clutch.
Rear suspension have a stance like a dropped e30 lol.

French can build a diesel IMO, well PSA can. 2.0 hdi's and old td,s/d's were indestructible. Last 15-20 years they got stranded, quality really dropped.

Last edited:
Impressive, I'd never think this kind of engine will go so far. But since you're not using the 5W30 C2 recommended oil for 20000/30000Km OCI, I guess it helps too !

You can also think of even older diesel, like the the 2500cm3 Citroën, or some Indenor. When it's not high tech, there's less parts susceptible to go wrong
smile.gif

Strangely only 15k km OCI on Berlingo, passenger cars have long drains. Car was serviced at a dealer for first 100k. They used mid-saps Total IIRC.
I used various full-SAPS oil with recommended OCI. This engine has a specific oil/filter change procedure for they are known for cocking up the feed pipe to the turbo. I've never really followed that, it seems that B4 oils with shortish intervals are good enough.
There was another one that came in pair with this: that was complete rubbish from the start. Ended up selling it.

But if you think this is impressive, what about 2010 Kangoo with 420k. Yes, 1.5 Dci with 420 k. That must be a record.

Amazing results for these engines! I thought 420K were only attainable by old tech motors...A colleague of mine has a Clio with 1,5 Dci engine, already falling apart at only 102K!

Can you tell me more about the 1,6L HDI oil/filter changing procedure? Found nothing concluding...

Motorway kilometers with moderate loads -long engine life.

For 1.6 hdi procedure is:
Oil temp at 50*c or higher
Remove the filter, oil cap, and dipstick
Remove oil pan plug, let it drain for 10 minutes
Fill and idle for 5 min
Do not use suction method!

To my memory this is the procedure, maybe I forgot something.

Yeah, but most shops will just raise the car and let it drain without touching filter or fill cap. Than after do the rest so that they don't need to raise the car twice. It's quicker that way.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back