Castrol Actevo 4T 20w-50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how Castrol Actevo 4 20-50w synthetic compares to Mobil 1 20w-50 synthetic motorcycle oil ? How is the zinc content compared to Mobil? The Castrol
at Walmart is about a $1.50 a quart cheaper.

If you want to save money, just use Mobil 1 15W/50. It has plenty of zinc, and does not have friction modifiers. In fact, when it has been compared to the motorcycle specific Mobil 1, it is almost indistinguishable. My Wallyworld just started carrying it in the 5 quart jug again.

Originally Posted By: Jimkobb
Just wondering how Castrol Actevo 4 20-50w synthetic compares to Mobil 1 20w-50 synthetic motorcycle oil ? How is the zinc content compared to Mobil? The Castrol

The Actevo line is not synthetic, it is semi synthetic. Castrol oils are largely mediocre these days, in part due to the culture of cost cutting at the parent company BP.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

The Actevo line is not synthetic, it is semi synthetic. Castrol oils are largely mediocre these days, in part due to the culture of cost cutting at the parent company BP.

I was thinking it was all synthetic because they had 2 different Actevo 20-50 oils one was $5.32 and the other $8.59 . After looking at the pics on their website the bottles both say part synthetic. I don`t know why the price vary ? Any way the next change is going to be the Mobil . I have 2 quarts here now and will need to pick up 2 more . No hurry .

Originally Posted By: Robenstein

I was thinking it was all synthetic because they had 2 different Actevo 20-50 oils one was $5.32 and the other $8.59 . After looking at the pics on their website the bottles both say part synthetic. I don`t know why the price vary ? Any way the next change is going to be the Mobil . I have 2 quarts here now and will need to pick up 2 more . No hurry .

Well if your Wal Mart is anything like mine, the quality of the people who stock the shelves is not very high and they they put the wrong products in the wrong places. I will say the Valvoline full syn 4t seems to be pretty good stuff and some Wal Marts also carry gallon jugs of 20w50 Quicksilver synthetic motorcycle oil (made by CITGO) for around 25 bucks.

Last edited:
This was taken off the website. 2 different prices both semi-synthetic 20w-50.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back