Castrol Edge 5w-50

I have some quarts of Castrol Edge 5w-50 tagged with formulated for classic cars I picked up years ago during one of the early Autozone clearances.

I was contemplating mixing it with a 5w20 and throwing it in my Cobalt for a 5k oil change. But, if memory serves correct this formulation as a high(er) ZPPD content and I burn around a quart over 5k miles.

Wondering if the ZPPD content is significant enough to do damage to the catalytic converter over a couple of oil changes or if content wise it’s not that much different than other oils?

I’ve got a jug of 5W-50 in my small oil stash that will eventually go in my G5 straight-up.
Just use it as is; it ‘may’ slow the consumption a bit.

I have some quarts of Castrol Edge 5w-50 tagged with formulated for classic cars I picked up years ago during one of the early Autozone clearances.

I was contemplating mixing it with a 5w20 and throwing it in my Cobalt for a 5k oil change. But, if memory serves correct this formulation as a high(er) ZPPD content and I burn around a quart over 5k miles.

Wondering if the ZPPD content is significant enough to do damage to the catalytic converter over a couple of oil changes or if content wise it’s not that much different than other oils?
Phosphorus will only poison the catalyst if it gets there, and 1 quart in 5000 miles isn't going to do it. The one time I saw a problem on a vehicle was when the engine was consuming oil in excess of 1 quart per 500 miles.

And it's ZDDP by the way.

Back