AAA Experience.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've had AAA for over 2 years and found myself in a dire situation. My car had died out while driving on a busy 50mph street. I called AAA and they told me 2 hr wait as they were busy. The angry officer informed me it had to go within a half hour and he called their own tow. What has been your experience with AA?

My experience is that indeed you will wait if they are busy. However, two hours seem excessive. If you had to pay for the tow I would seek reimbursement from AAA.

My regular insurance will re-imburse me for the tow. But the tow yard only took cash and it sat there for 2 days with storage fees. Their tow yard operation seemed like a total scam. It wasn't even a police arrest.

They contract out to local tow companies. Not their fault if they are super busy,a truck is in the shop etc. The cost of AAA is worth their Dmv work alone. I can go to AAA to register a car or spend a day at the DMV jumping through hoops

Half hour to 45 mins max. All of our situations have been serviced by AAA Missouri, and all experiences have been very positive. This includes a tow due to accident in the outskirts of the KC metro.

Mine have been "ok". Never 5 minutes, only truly long wait was during a snow/ice storm, which was to be expected.

Quote:

The cost of AAA is worth their Dmv work alone. I can go to AAA to register a car or spend a day at the DMV jumping through hoops

In CT, one can do this also; no AAA membership required.

The officer said it was going to cause a accident. I suspect that the tow company and that town have something going on.

The cops have push bumpers,maybe they should have cleared the road of your vehicle? (course afraid you'll sue for bumper damage). Cant win....

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
Whats a push bumper?

Push bars or the like. Look a bit like a brush guard on a truck. Just large metal objects, connect to the frame (or whatever passes for it), so the police car can push on something else.

Ive used AAA 3 times past year. All 3 times requested a flat bed for my jeep and each time arrived in 30 mins. I had my jeep towed 60 miles to my mechanic one time and i rode with the guy and he was cool we joked around. I need to renew next month worth every penny even if you dont use it. I have the premiere (highest tier

How could the tow place charge me for storage fees if they are closed Saturday and Sundays? On the plus side my friendly mechanic gave me a free tow to the shop and found it was a bad electrical relay in this 2000 Honda Civic.

I would have recorded the officer saying that the car had to be moved and that it was a hazard which would cause an accident. I would have then let the officer have my car towed and submit my bill to AAA for reimbursement. If AAA will not reimburse, I would go through administrative appeals with AAA and, with the recorded officer's statement, apply for reimbursement through a supervisor. If AAA still did not pay, I would then sue AAA in small claims court.

Originally Posted By: qwerty1234
My regular insurance will re-imburse me for the tow. But the tow yard only took cash and it sat there for 2 days with storage fees. Their tow yard operation seemed like a total scam. It wasn't even a police arrest.

Tow companies are total scumballs.

Kool, I can't record the officer. I live in Chicago. They have no "push bars". They never even asked me for my license. Their too busy sitting under the viaducts watching movies on their laptops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back