Christian von Koenigsegg speaking about engine oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that Christian is very interested in the technical benefits from any part of his car. This is the CEO of the company who when asked, knew the torque for the wheel nut of a CCXR off the top of his head.

I guess most people don't think about oil - or have concerns. Until you can show them clear differentiate data versus their incumbent.

The One:1 engine has 35 BMEP of cylinder pressure, the Bugatti Veyron is only 18. Bearing loads are massive...

Last edited:
Kinda hate to dig up an old thread, but it was the only one I found that has this story in it. Based on a video I just saw, it seems like Castrol should ask for their money back and that Koenigsegg probably 'likes' Castrol Edge for the same reason Mighty Car Mods does...

https://youtu.be/71wvtEZ-jcI?t=28m07s

This was filmed fairly recently, in the Koenigsegg plant, and seems like they didn't really do a lot of preparing. So, he was telling the truth in Leno's video and it looks like the viscosity they run (at least in the dyno room) is 5w-50. Maybe it kinda says something about Valvoline oil when you are sponsored by Castrol but you use Valvoline? Or maybe it is more about how much we should trust someone's word when they are sponsored by the company they are talking about.

Alright, now everyone go empty that terrible Castrol Edge out before it ruins your engine
48.gif

Originally Posted By: stchman
I guess that settles it, we should all use Castrol Edge with Titanium. All other oil sand and candle wax.

The Castrol products sold in Europe are not the same as the ones sold in the USA.
The RS and now Edge product are one of the most respected and used oils in Europe, the Edge sold in the US has nothing in common with it but the name.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back