Wilson Ultima lube 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with this. I have a bottle of the grease laying around and wondered what it's all about. I know it's made by Protec but anyone know any ingredient information or have any experince with it. Been a slip2000 user for forever but this stuff is slick as [censored], reminds of of something just can't place it.

Gabriel

Last edited:
They probably have someone they're paying $6.00 an hour in the back, scooping it out of a 5 gallon pail, and filling little 1 oz. plastic hypo applicators. Then sticking a pretty gold foil label on it, and charging $10.00 or $12.00 an ounce for it. Go to Auto Zone or Pep Boy's, and pick up a tube of any one of these, and you'll get 20 times as much for 1/3rd the price. And you can get the cute little plastic hypo at Walgreens or CVS for about .25 cents.

http://sigtalk.com/sig-sauer-gunsmithing/4328-gun-grease-evaluation.html

If anything I'd use up all the tw25b I have first. The Wilson stuff is supposed to be a tweak on one of protecs products designed around a specific spec bill Wilson had. It is also dirt cheap.

Ultima Lube II does not come in the syringe... unfortunately.

I find it to be nothing special, and usually end up just using M1 out of a small needle oiler...

Roger, this is a bottle with a long applicator on top. It seems interesting as is like a real thick oil, and seems to cling to metal well.

Atlanta to Florida - then heading West, have different oil/CLP needs than the Upper Midwest. Especially CCW/CPL holders that spend 90+ consecutive minutes outdoors every day.

You-guys that far south must grease em' pretty darn light in the summers there. Something as thin / cheap as the petro Rem-oil - even the real thin Birchwood-Casey synthetic, probably leaks outside the slides in your 90+ degrees regularity.

I will be embarking on my first-ever summer carry. It's rare where we see 90+ degrees here near Detroit anymore. Once every 4-5 years, we may get an entire consecutive week or two over 90, but that's it.

Last edited:
Through the years, the guns I've seen that were damaged from rust, be they carry guns or stored, did not have ANY, or else not anywhere near the amount of oil or rust protection they required applied to them. This regardless of the location. Again, as far as lube and rust protection is concerned, it's not so much what you use, as it is the amount you use. Along with the frequency you apply it. I've found these "Silicone Gun Wipes" they sell are all but useless.

I base that on how many rusted guns I've seen after they were used. By the same token, you can use what you think is the best gun lubricant in the world. But if you allow your weapon to run dry, and it jams or fails to function because of that, it doesn't matter what you lube it with.

Agree! A protectant may be the #1 thing we should seek in our oils, if living in places like Florida, or here in the Great Lakes humid region.

Myself and the dog are often caught in rainstorms during our 2-3 mile walks and me-gun sometimes gets wet.

It really all depends on our daily/weekly habits. Everyones' needs are different. Everyone's wallet is different also. My pistols never go more than 10-12 weeks without a disassembly/inspection-cleaning....... sometimes never shot. I could probably get-by just fine, using my routine from years ago..... Ballistol and a combo of Hoppes and Outers gun grease.

Lets see! My last disassembly was a week ago. I used Gunzilla to clean - Fireclean to oil the innards and Breakfree Collector inside the barrel.

Why?...... I dunno!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
Atlanta to Florida - then heading West, have different oil/CLP needs than the Upper Midwest. Especially CCW/CPL holders that spend 90+ consecutive minutes outdoors every day.

You-guys that far south must grease em' pretty darn light in the summers there. Something as thin / cheap as the petro Rem-oil - even the real thin Birchwood-Casey synthetic, probably leaks outside the slides in your 90+ degrees regularity.

I will be embarking on my first-ever summer carry. It's rare where we see 90+ degrees here near Detroit anymore. Once every 4-5 years, we may get an entire consecutive week or two over 90, but that's it.

Yea rust is a very real threat here, especially since I manage(hog control) a large piece of property that's mostly swap. However maybe it's just a mindset, but I like the idea of having a oil with great lubrication properties also. So far tw25b is doing OK in my handgun rails resisting washout ok. I'll use weaponsheild as a rust protectant which seems to last a decent amount of time. Keep in mind in some of these conditions I consider decent to be a few hours in the feild. My ARs do well with the 30 weight slip ewl. However this is where the Wilson lube interests me, as it seems washout resistant yet thin enough to suspend carbon especially while firing suppressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back