Using Hydrogen Gas to De-Carbon An Engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For a real look at what many Americans think, and how gullible they can be search youtube for free energy , zero enerygy motors, etc. Now they are fun to watch, and see how people play with the laws of physics, some are just scams outright, but the comments section is golden. It's big oil this, government that, a big hoe down for the greenie weenies!!

My look on it is we do need to produce as clean as energy as we can with the resources we have, and if we should never depend on anyone for those resources, however if prices are much cheaper I don't see a problem saving our resources using other countries that are overflowing with resources or not using them.

I think we have made some great advances trying to produce cleaner energy, but I also think we have built crutches feeding some of our engines it's own feces, and EMD the great train builder no longer can produce an engine/locomotive due to strict regulations. We need some middle ground somewhere....

Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: Ducked
So if, as I suspect, water doesn't work very well on intake valves, what might?

EZ-OFF oven cleaner or paint stipper that contains Dichloromethane (DCM, AKA methylene chloride)

Oven cleaner sounds potentially corrosive, since they're often alkaline, though I suppose you could test for that.

You might try brake fluid.

I'm trying DOT3 as a carb cleaner right now and it seems very effective. Since its not designed for that use, and I'm only a couple of hours in, I can't rule out lurking gotcha's, but advantages include:-

(a) Much less volatile, so you can leave it to soak-in and it wont evaporate.
(b) much less toxic, and ventilation isn't so critical.(see above)
(c) water-miscible, especially useful if you wash parts (or the whole thing) in boiling laundry detergent, which was my standard procedure with motorcycle carbs.

(Dunno if I'll try it with this one (which is a lot more complicated) though.)

(d) rubber-friendly in general, and specifically, hypodermic-syringe friendly. I use syringes to blow out small passages/jets (formerly with water/detergent). You can't do that with carb cleaner because it attacks the piston rubber.

(e) Free (if you use used fluid) and almost free if you use unused fluid since it has a limited storage life once opened.

Doesn't repel mosquitos though
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: Supercalifragili
You can just use water..

YouTube user BMAG VACS had the best video on it, how to mist it into an intake on a fully warmed engine, one driven an hour or so, preferably on the highway, hard.

Can't locate it. Link please?

Originally Posted By: sleddriver
Originally Posted By: Supercalifragili
You can just use water..

YouTube user BMAG VACS had the best video on it, how to mist it into an intake on a fully warmed engine, one driven an hour or so, preferably on the highway, hard.

Can't locate it. Link please?

Water's water. Why do you need a video of it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back