Reputable HIR brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to replace my high beam H1 bulbs by HIR or HIR2 bulbs. I was going to put 100W regular halogen bulbs, but HIR makes more sense if available. The main beam is used for signalling, and aids the bi-xenon setup.

Trouble is, finding them. I see some adverts on the Bay of E's, but I'm suspicious about those bulbs, and they seem to all have a blue coating, which I don't want.

My dipped beam is a factory HID system behind a projector, with a foldaway cutoff in case of high beam.

What's the difference between HIR and HIR2?

Like everything , thereis likely an official standardand ISO . look d'or it ans usually have a list of official ISO compilant part.

I don't want 6000k lights really.

100w H1 will do fine, it's only for short term use anyway. 2600 lumen for those and they're about $5 per pair.

I was hoping someone used the HIR technology in other fitments, like they do with HID...

I took a quick look and did not see any H1 or H3 HIR2 bulbs.

The real HIR bulbs are now made by Phillips, and possibly Osram. However, there are copies that use the same technology, and work well.

I see some HIR(1) H7 style bulbs for sale. I suspect they are simply Chinese copies and I have not tried them.

AFAIK the only legitimate hir bulbs are the Phillips HIR1 9011 and HIR2 9012. Phillips sold one of their factories to vosla according to the grapevine which is where we get the +30 HIR 9012 vosla bulbs sold under ac delco part numbers.

All legitimate hir bulbs should have a country of origin of Germany

If you are looking at other part numbers they are probably trying to steal business with illegitimate tactics such as using loaded words like hir.

Real HIR bulbs made by Phillips are clear colorless glass.

Also I heard that Wagner is selling HIR bulbs that are slightly imperfect but are genuine bulbs manufacturered by Phillips. I wouldn't personally want them as the filament precision isn't perfect but they should still be better than any 9006.

Seeing illegitimate lighting products by foreign vendors is nothing new.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Real HIR bulbs made by Phillips are clear colorless glass.

Seeing illegitimate lighting products by foreign vendors is nothing new.

Just a note to say that the original HIR bulbs had a light blue coating and a bulbous shape to the glass. These are the ones that we see copied most often. Some of the copies work quite well. Legitimate or not.

The HIR2 bulbs are quite clear.

Notice the shape and the coating of the HIR (1) bulb:

2bulbs338x330.png

Also, I've been able to find Chinese HIR bulbs in H1. They are not expensive and might be worth a try if you can find a source for less than 3000 minimum order....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Cujet

Also, I've been able to find Chinese HIR bulbs in H1. They are not expensive and might be worth a try if you can find a source for less than 3000 minimum order....

If you found something like pictured in this link: http://www.sigmaautomotive.com/lighting/blitz.php

I would stay far far away from them, and Chinese lights in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back