Penrite carriers in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Penrite website contains a dealer locator which works great.
Yes, there is one in the UK (and several other countries..), but expect to pay through the nose.

i've found a stockist of this oil in the Uk but the problem is that it's a 20w60 , as you might guess 20w60 is not a common grade , i might just use the trusty well know Valvoline VR1 20w50 which si cheaper and just as good

Moss-Europe.co.uk and Holden.co.uk have a selection of Penrite you might be interested in
smile.gif

Is that Penrite 20W-60 you are talking about, their mineral HPR 30 ?
If so, then that is a great oil. I have used it lots in both motorcycle and car. It's a high zinc and shear stable oil that was the go to high performance race oil back in the day. I always had very low oil consumption with HPR 30 compared to GTX 20W-50. It always ran smooth in my 6-cylinder '74 Holden. It has a high TBN too, for a longer drain interval.

I was once driving through the bush in that 70's Holden and I blew a radiator hose miles from anywhere. I managed to limp home with a sump of HPR 30 and a dry radiator. Fixed the car, no problems, it ran perfect for years afterwards.

Originally Posted By: deven
Yes they are fantastic oils. Couple of buddies of mine that I race with swear by it.

WHERE and HOW do they get it in the states??
21.gif

Yup i'm talking about their HPR30 20w60 , i might buy a few bottles of the stuff for this summer and see how the engine likes it, i once ran 25w60 in it for summer and the engine really liked it, i'd be more comfortable with a 20w though so i can use it year round without worrying too much even though the lowest winter temps around here are about -5c

Penrite HPR 30 (20W-60) my absolute favorite mineral oil, I have used more of that oil than any other mineral oil.

It's ACEA A3/B3 with a TBN of 9.7 and 1570 ppm Zinc.

My shared sump motorcycle would chew up GTX 20W-50 and shear it down to "water" in short order, but Penrite HPR 30 always went the distance.

My old Audi 90 would drink Shell Helix HX7 15W-50 High Mileage Semi-Synthetic like a sailor drinks beer on shore leave. But on HPR 30 it was like a maiden aunt sipping tea.

If I could only have one mineral oil, it would be HPR 30.

Yes HPR 30 and up are full mineral oils. While HPR 15 and down are full synthetic oils.

The HPR 15 would work well for you, it's a full synthetic 15W-60 that's rated A3/B4 & SN with a TBN of 10.2 and about ~1100ppm Zinc.

For more modern cars I like the HPR 5 it's a 5W-40 full synthetic that is SN, A3/B4, BMW LL-01, MB 229.5, and Porsche A40. It's also JASO MA1 (wet clutch safe) for people like me who like one oil that is suitable for both cars and bikes. I like how Penrite don't forget about motorcycle riders when designing oils, and how it's included in many of their car oils and not as a separate range of over priced, bike only oils.

I also like how they publish OEM certificates on the web for all to see. Here is their MB 229.5 cert., for the HPR 5.
http://www.penriteoil.com.au/oem_pdfs/HPR 5 MB 229.5.pdf

It's sad that great oils like Valvoline VR1 and Penrite aren't available here in Spain, soon i'm gonna just start ordering my oil online, for the enxt oil change i will use HPR 30 20w60 or VR1 20w50

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: deven
Yes they are fantastic oils. Couple of buddies of mine that I race with swear by it.

WHERE and HOW do they get it in the states??
21.gif

Usually thru ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back