Toyota OEM H11's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost one in the Camry. I was going to buy Sylvania Xtravisions this morning, but both Walmarts were out of them. And I didn't think Ultra's were worth the money ($45 for two). Or are they?

I'm assuming that the Basic line is similar to what was in there?

We've been content with what we have had, don't feel a need to upgrade, but the car gets plenty of night driving.

I used Ultra's in several different cars and they actually were brighter and seemed to put out more light. Were definitely brighter to look at it if you just changed one bulb and left the stock bulb in the other side to compare. I thought they were worth it both for headlights and backup lights.

I would avoid the Ultras. They are basically overdriving those so for that tiny bit of extra light, you are drastically shortening the life.

My advice is to stick with one of the long-life bulbs.

Remember, there are legal limits on light output, so anyone who claims to be "x % brighter" is fudging the numbers a bit.

Try to find GE NightHawk Platinums, they usually last much longer than Silverstars/Crystal Vision bulbs. Nice bright white light, no blue tint.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Some reflector can't use H9, it may produce too much glare for opposite direction drivers.

Yes I know that's why I included a link to the candlepowerforums discussion where it mentions that it's mostly only safe for projector low beams not reflector

Not a fan of the OE/standard type bulbs. The ones on my Prius took a dump at around 50,000 miles. I upgraded then to NAPA Premium LongLite. Same color as OE but slightly whiter, distance wise they do shine farther than the OE stuff, Sylvania Basic, and Sylvania zXe. They were about $40 a pair.

I made sure to not touch the bulb at all when installing, they still work 2 years later. But I have since upgraded to a HID system, so screw halogens! lol. Can't stand the yellow light, 2(now 3) of my cars are factory xenons, I can't use anything else. I feel like I'm driving in the dark when using halogens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back